[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is the common depiction of medieval ages as a shithole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How true is the common depiction of medieval ages as a shithole filled with tyrants, corrupt priests, and other kinds of jackasses?
>>
The medieval period encompasses quite a large span of time and the entire globe.

There was a small renaiscance during the dark ages in Europe, it also was the classical period for Arabic culture, there was byzantium which kept many Greek and Roman traditions and knowledge alive.

So, I say that depiction is not entirely correct nor entirely incorrect, it's just a matter of where and when.
>>
File: Bloch - Feudal Society.jpg (37KB, 242x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bloch - Feudal Society.jpg
37KB, 242x400px
>>8423820
Read something on it.
>>
>>8423843
Yeah, your typical shitty medieval era novel is just based off real life England at the time where they keep going into wars for the dumbest reasons.
>>
desu that seems like a accurate depiction of every era of human history
>>
>>8423853
Nah, we don't have tyrants. Just stupid leaders.
>>
it's not close to the medieval era at all. It's written by a degenerate fat kike who has no passion in his writing.
>>
>>8423888
Trips for truth

Also, Martin is an aggressive fedora-tipper, so he approaches the all-encompassing religious life of the Middle Ages with a mix of disdain and ignorance.
>>
>>8423888
>his writing
What writing? He doesn't fucking write anymore.

>>8423901
>disdain and ignorance
Not really. Religion is bullshit anyways, and if you think otherwise you're just trying too hard.
>>
>>8424613
>Religion is bullshit anyways, and if you think otherwise you're just trying too hard.

*tips fedora*
>>
>>8423888
of course its not. its not supposed to be.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.