[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, here is the deal /lit/. I am going to post three images of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ok, here is the deal /lit/. I am going to post three images of the books I own. The challenge is to deduce my persona en characteristics purely from the books shown. After the threads reaches a hundred replies I will 100$ into the PayPal account of the person who came the closests, so be sure to add your account name below your guess. This is OP out until 100.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8422316
2/3
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
3/3
>>
>>8422325

You're cancer. You have a strict and superficial materialist understanding of the world, but believe there is "stuff to be learned" from spiritual viewpoints, as long as you don't take things literally. You're easy to get along with in general but not really idealistic, and all of your philosophical knowledge and interest is geared towards pragmatism; towards how to get along in the world. You think the only real absolute truths are scientific ones, which you regard as mostly settled, but you're very fond of the word "subjective" in other contexts; when you can't insert some ridiculous semi-scientific explanation into the matter like evo-psych, which you love doing. You have faith in the institutions of society and regard as ridiculous and suspicious people who complain overly much about them. If someone challenges you, you tend to ignore them or deflect good-naturedly, even if they have a point. You're disinterested in discussions of "truth" because you know that outside of material truth, there is no such thing. You're incapable of recognizing when your own positions are built on a kind of faith, and you're prone to superficial reductions of everything. You're doing well for yourself and are generally regarded as a happy person.
>>
>>8422374

email, btw
>>
>>8422316

My guess is you're a pretentious narcissist. You're trying to pay people to make judgements about yourself on the basis of what books you've read and that in and of itself says more about you than the books themselves ever could.
>>
Now just to bump this thread a hundred times and collect my money
>>
>>8422400
>>
>>8422374
Don't know about OP, but from your post I can deduce that you're a salty bitch
>>
>>8422438

That's a bit easy though, isn't it?
>>
>>8422316
computer science freshman
>>
Happy libertarian who likes running with sacks of potatoes on your feet for exercise and you slapped your pillow case under the bedsheets when you were an adult which made you happy because you smelled the hand and it was pleasant.*

*edited and censored story to make it family friendly
>>
File: Bookshelf.jpg (684KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Bookshelf.jpg
684KB, 2592x1944px
>>8422438
>>8422446

Actually here, take my own bookcase and do the same trick as OP
>>
You did an MBA with a few literature electives to soothe your quiet sorrow at knowing the arts were a path to poverty.
>>
>>8422470
maximum edgelord

kys desu
>>
>>8422481

No

To both
>>
You alternate between a significant degree of disillusion with the world and a gratified acceptance of the way things are and your place in it. You consider yourself intelligent but not to any remarkable degree (like the authors you're so fond of). You're generally happy and have had a number of fulfilling relationships, both platonic and romantic, but ultimately feel alone in this world. You're critical but try to be accepting and have a temper you try your best to keep a grip on because you like being kind to others and like when others like you (although you're not sure if that really matters in the "grand scheme").

You don't necessarily like this feeling of being alone, but you have accepted it and address the world as best you can. Your parents were Christian. You're not. You're white. You have some STEM degree but your "philosophy" does not put science at the crux of what is ultimately valid.

Probably a pretty nice person who tries their best. Decent amount of friends but not super popular. Loner tendencies.

one of my many unused emails: [email protected]
>>
>>8422316

You're bland. Almost everything on your shelf is either a popular work of literature or focused on improving your own self-worth not through any real skills or hobbies but through the accumulation of wealth, but the three books on your shelf tell me you're not very successful at it or that you bought them on a whim. The only deviation is that well-used copy of Tunesmith. Perhaps it is a curiosity for you, perhaps you've tried time and again to get some sort of musical aspirations off the ground, but you probably dropped it numerous times only to re-read the tome whenever your forever unfulfilled dreams resurface.

You also have poor to moderate social skills, and you are frustrated by an inability to influence others. This may be because you view others as objects.

You are simply a shell, one that tries to fit in by placing such pedestrian works on a shelf, but no matter how many popular books you put on there, no matter how many self-help books you read, you will never fill the void in your heart.

I'd put my Paypal up but what are the chances OP would actually deliver?
>>
File: 19.png (23KB, 83x116px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
23KB, 83x116px
low income family, unpopular as a kid, discovering your reading habit as a way to distinguish yourself, sought out circle of likeminded people but never really found anyone who has exactly on your wavelenght.

you have fallen in love twice, where rejected once, got one gf for about one year. Then your inability to commuincate clearly and your over protectiveness ruined the relationship.

you have graduated form college a few years ago and have recently settled in a job that kind fo fits your major, you work fewer hours than you could to have some time for reading and biking.

you still feel kind of alone, even though you have got collegues and a few friends with whom you engage in social activities every now and again.
Send that money to a ghetto libary or something like that, i dont need it.

donate that
>>
>>8422514

At this rate, 1/17*P(honesty)
>>
>>8422470
the copy of infinte jest is obviusly unread.
gtfo pls
>>
>>8422526

Everyone says that and it's not true. Infinite Jest is the name of a series of entertainments in the book made by the father of the main character, one of which is fatal, in which a woman with a seductive personality explains that the woman who kills you is always your mother. French terrorists are trying to get ahold of this entertainment. They use mirrors to cause car accidents. There's a game called eschaton that's played with tennis balls that simulates nuclear conflict. Fuck off.
>>
>>8422470
>Unironically displaying anything by Ayn Rand on your bookshelf

Can't take you seriously right at the outset.
>>
>>8422538

Of all the books on my shelf that's the one that gets you? That's a bit silly. The Ayn Rand hate is excessive, almost like people don't have independent thoughts about her.
>>
>>8422547
It's a fresh dank meme that made its way from Tumblr a while ago.
>>
>>8422470
>Sincerely displaying anything by Hobbes on your bookshelf

Dropped. You're obviously a statist loser.
>>
>>8422625

LOL. Well done.
>>
>>8422501
so much kissassery desu
>>
OP here, some have hit the mark slightly. But most have been terrible wrong. Offer stands, most accurate person after 100 post will receive $100 via PayPal. This is not a drill.
>>
>>8422374
came here to post this
>>
>>8422316
You don't read books every day, but you like having them around to look at. You can identify one thing that you've learned from every book on your shelf. You feel that it is important to have a broad knowledge of influential works and ideas, to better understand how other people see the world. You like knowing what other people are thinking.
In terms of personal traits, I would peg you as someone who: prefers to spend time outdoors; prides yourself on maintaining a large circle of friends; has an uncomfortably dark sense of humor; doesn't care about money and sometimes spends it foolishly; finds it tedious to sit down and watch television; likes to cook your own simple meals and clean your own space; doesn't like to stand out and used to be anxious in social situations; and rarely has intellectual discussions with anyone offline.
>>
>>8422316
>>8422391

This tbqh. Generic taste too.
>>
>>8422316
from your books, i think you're a pretty cool dude!
>>
>>8422316
You have no discernsble personality.
>>
Haha, I'm surprised at the small turn out I was actually going to pay...
>>
>>8422470
>Watchmen but no other comics, not even by Moore
You don't read comics because those are for kids but you'll read graphic novels because they're oh-so mature.
>>
Arrogant, grandiose, a belief in your own uniqueness, a lack of empathy, a preoccupation with power and success, an excessive need to be admired, a sense of entitlement and the twin tendencies to envy and exploit others.
>>
>>8425191
>>8423925
>>8422501>>8422477

There has been truth in these, but not in>>8422374
>>8422514
>>8422518
>>
>>8425131

Either that or I just torrent all my comics and have them in digital form >_<

Not that I would put much else on my shelf besides Maus.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.