[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought Gravity's Rainbow and Infinite Jest. What am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: gravitysrainbow.jpg (253KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gravitysrainbow.jpg
253KB, 1200x1600px
Just bought Gravity's Rainbow and Infinite Jest. What am I in for?

Favourite book is Catch-22, been looking a long time for anything else that gives me the same level of enjoyment.
>>
Pretty much bananas
>>
You're in for some good reading.
>>
bananas, gay orgies, and DUDE WEED LMAO

these are the only three themes common to both novels.
>>
>>8421075
You'll love Pynchon if you like Catch-22, C22 was my favourite book until I read V.
>>
>>8421075
hahaha. catch-22 IS funny. ACCESSIBLE funny. you get a whole chapter on colonel Scheisskopf and have a jolly good time.
with pynchon you get GF6?$%$ยง%F4%564/D$SK%NFJS%E and try to enjoy it. perhaps you'll manage. i didn't, for most of the time. and if you can't /lit/ will readily deem you subhuman. good luck mate
>>
File: 1462436368778.jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462436368778.jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
Why have you pot stickers on a lot of pages?
>>
>>8421075
expect a different goof or gag every page!
>>
>>8421192
google image search photo. book is in the mail still.
>>
>>8421222

I hope you didn't buy this shit edition.
>>
>>8421075
If you bought that edition there's a chance that the print will be unreadably shitty.
>>
File: hitlel.png (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitlel.png
574KB, 1920x1080px
>>8421215
>>
>>8421392
not OP but I succumbed to the low price and bought Vineland in this edition. Scheduled to arrive by mail in about a week. I know it won't be good quality but I was wondering how terrible it actually is. Can you give me details in that respect? Paper quality, covers, etc? Do the covers and pages get smudged with the use?
>>
>>8421111
When somebody mentions bananas when talking about GR, does that just mean they didn't make it past Beyond the Zero?
>>
>>8421075
there is only one thing to keep in mind
DON'T RUSH

read slowly and pay attention
>>
>>8422257
True
>>
>>8421182
Ignore this poster, C22 is the Ivysaur to GRs Venusaur (Slaughterhouse 5 being the Bulbasaur)
>>
>>8422197
the paper is OK, the printing is shit sometimes, I like the covers but some people here feel their SERIOUS LIT FOR ADULTS shouldn't have whacky covers (when the truth is, this is pretty much what reading his books is like, a lot of weird shit going on at all times and etc.)

I legit plan to buy every single edition from Vintage just to put them on my shelves to trigger /lit/ as soon as I get more classes.
>>
>>8422243
Last year or so there was a guy who got really triggered after trying to read GR and he spam every Pynchon / pomo thread with BANANAS, and it became a meme.

Now, if people mentioning BANANAS are A) that same guy, still mad B) mememasters C) people who also got mad when they got to that scene or D) different degrees of the previous, we'll never know

There's also E) It's the Pynchmemer himself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.