[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Was pretty decent. One question. Was Bandini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: askthedust.jpg (47KB, 249x375px) Image search: [Google]
askthedust.jpg
47KB, 249x375px
Just finished this. Was pretty decent. One question. Was Bandini supposed to be an unlikable cuntstain? Half the book just seems to be him grandstanding himself when in reality he's a loser that no one cares about. Even when he publishes his book no one seems to give a damn about him.
>>
In some ways Sammy was a better version of himself.
>>
>>8420883
I agree. I just find it funny that Ask The Dust is trying to get you the sympathize with the dream of being a writer and how hard that goal is. Yet it portrays it through someone like Bandini, making the whole thing seem more like I'm throwing him pity candy than rooting for a cause.
>>
basically he realizes the truth about loving women aka the death of innocence.
They like to be treated bad sometimes (read: most), and if you really want to love them, just give them something (like a dog or "thing") to love. The dog he leaves her with at the beach house is a metaphor for the book itself which he tosses into the desert after her.
His story was called "the little dog laughed".
Remember the part where he goes to the prostitute and is totally grossed out by her vagina? Yeah its kinda misogynistic in general but still true. i like it.
>>
>>8420893
I hadn't thought of it like that, with his short story tying into the theme. It does seem misogynistic, but it is a fact on some level. I think Bandini and as a whole, Fante himself, never met a good woman.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.