[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not an English major >have to take Literature class as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cash.jpg (6KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
6KB, 198x255px
>Not an English major
>have to take Literature class as a requirement
>take American lit
>first day we talk about Twain and how he believes he was so great at writing a humorous story
>professor gives us first week assignment of writing a humorous narrative explaining why a student misses assignments
>Tfw fell for the college meme
>decide to take Don Quixote and change it into modern day
>A weird autistic kid reads lord of the rings and game of thrones
>goes around getting into arguments and fights because he believes have of the people are orcs
>fights cars
>takes me 15 minutes to write
>praised by professor and peers

Are all universities this retarded
>>
>>8420156
It's because elitism is dead.
>>
>>8420156
No you're just a natural genius.
>>
File: johnnycash.png (2MB, 1263x950px) Image search: [Google]
johnnycash.png
2MB, 1263x950px
>>8420156
>Are all universities this retarded
Johnny Cash was. Here's his poem about Bob Dylan.
>>
>>8420177
explain
>>
>>8420188
Those are liner notes to the Bob Dylan album Nashville Skyline. Dylan and Cash were both in Nashville and recorded an album's worth of duets but only one of them was good enough to put on either's album. Dylan appeared on Cash's show and Cash wrote this poem for/about Dylan.

Basically, they were friends and helping each other with marketing.
>>
>>8420207
The song with cash on Nashville Skylines is a top 5 Dylan song. Maybe they just couldn't top it so they didn't try.
>>
>creative writing
I can't think of anything more painful
>>
>>8420156
yes. its pathetic

still the best place to learn languages. survey courses of broad fields are usually good too
>>
>>8420247
I'm in school because it's incredibly hard to get a starting job in programming without a degree. I usually love all sectors of academia until I actually take a class in them. I will never really get why a class would force you to read a certain book instead of letting you choose from a list or selecting your own.
>>
>>8420177
Cash was never much of a songwriter, better at renditions but this here is beautiful.
>>
>>8420217
They recorded a whole session together consisting of a few dylan songs, cash songs and traditionals. Its not very good, theres a bootleg out there.
>>
>>8420160
This. Universities eschew notions of greatness and elitism at the level of undergraduate teaching, in part because they are running business models that depend on constant growth. i.e. They have a vested interest in pandering to students and minimizing risks that students feel intimidated, humiliated, or offended by hierarchy or judgement.
>>
>>8420317
Sad.
>>
>>8420156
They're a good place to go spend some time learning stuff while the state pays you for it. Oh, and you can put it on your CV too.
>>
>>8421648
state only pays for 80% of mine so every class that isn't specifically related to my major pisses me off
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.