[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever read more than one book, even when you haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1465596970804.jpg (6KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
1465596970804.jpg
6KB, 185x273px
For example, reading part of a book in the morning, a part of another book in the evening.
>>
Are you autistic by any chance? May bi diễn ha
>>
No I only read one book at a time, and don't start a new one until I finish the current one. Even if I find the current book boring/above my level of understanding.

The only time I break this rule is with school books. If I have to read a book for school, I will read it alongside my book for pleasure, but the school book gets priority.
>>
I've used to read one "big" book at home and a pocket book on the bus, now that I stay home and drive I only read one at time, its way better this way, at least for me
>>
Read fiction during the day, non-fiction before bed.
>>
>>8419310
im usually reading at least four books at any given time, although I tend to concentrate on one in particular
>>
>>8419310
I have like 15 tabs open as we speak of pdfs, i have about 6 books i only read when im shitting, i have a bunch of other ones i glance through when im sitting in misery, i have some in my bag i carry around with me for the subway and stuff, and i have some next to my bed for when i lay in misery

I think I am reading more than 50 books simultaneously right now, some of which i have been reading for over a year and have not finished
>>
>>8419352
>May bi diễn ha
kek that's a pretty accurate translation (for google translate, I assume)
>>
I read two books at a time.

I read one I need to focus on for an hour every night before bed.

I read one that requires less attention during my cardio days at the gymnasium.

It works out well to be quite honest family.
>>
>>8419451
Are they fiction or non-fiction?
How do you keep the plot/character info relevant when reading 50 plus books, AND some you've been reading for over a year?

I feel like that's such a waste and you won't grasp or understand any of the material you read. Nor see the overarching narrative/plot/themes.
>>
>>8419470
They're mostly philosophy and Russian fiction, the philosophy i am constantly writing about or inserting into various schemas, I don't think I have ever actually understood a philosopher I just take something they say and misconstrue it in my own philosophies.

The Russian I often read the same thing like 10 times, and I never read things chronologically- for example I have been reading the Brothers Karamazov for about a year but I just open it at a random page and read for a while. I think I have read the whole thing now but I can't be sure. There are chapters I have read like 15 times because the book tends to fall open there.

The exception to this is when I read a French book, then I will just read it start to finish and not read anything else because I have some sort of inbuilt respect for the French and don't want to mar their delicately constructed things.
>>
>>8419495
Sounds schizophrenic.
>>
>>8419555
Was almost diagnosed with it but it turned out to be very intense mania. I thought I was supposed to build a church for the coming Siberian religion, in retrospect the idea doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>8419310
Why does this seem like some kind of advanced concept? Unless you read a singular book start to finish uninterrupted, you're going to get roped into another narrative; be it a commercial, a conversation, your life, or a dream. It's possible and it's not bothersome to do. In fact, you'll find it's damn enjoyable and refreshing to read two or more books at once.
>>
>>8419566
>a church for the coming Siberian religion, in retrospect the idea doesn't make much sense.

You don't say.
>>
I have different books for different rooms
>>
>>8419310
All the time. For example, I read Atlas Shrugged and The Republic at the same time. I also read Swann's Way at the same time as The Golden Sayings of Epictetus and Aristotle's Poetics.

I sometimes get bored easily, but want to keep reading, so I'll read one book for a while before switching to the next.

In the case of Atlas Shrugged and Plato's Republic, I wanted to compare perspectives as I read - specifically because Rand wished to credit no philosopher besides Aristotle.

With Swann's Way, I liked to take breaks in order to savor the inculcated sensations of Proust's dense imagery.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.