[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy an antique book >the price is on a sticker instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 00002.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
00002.png
29KB, 633x758px
>buy an antique book
>the price is on a sticker instead of being pencilled in
>REMOVING THE STICKER RIPS THE PAGE
>>
Sticker autists in bookshops need to be executed. I mean WTF were you thinking?
>>
That's what you deserve for valuing form over substance.
>>
File: 20160820_152546.jpg (189KB, 1234x814px) Image search: [Google]
20160820_152546.jpg
189KB, 1234x814px
>>8418975
I used a razor blade to try to carefully scrape it off. Turns out the sticker was so firmly attached I just cut through the paper underneath and made the damage worse. Fortunately it was just a blank end paper and not the actual title page.

>>8419011
Are you saying I shouldn't buy antique books, that I should be happy to leave the stickers in, or that I shouldn't worry about the damage?
>>
>>8419023
>Are you saying I shouldn't buy antique books
Unless there's no other version, there is literally no difference between an antique or a modern version.

Or a fresh and a shredded version. In fact, take your little as a reminder that everything worldly is fading and nothing is of value.
>>
>>8419023
Anyway, since the page is fucked anyway should I cut a square hole around the sticker, or cut off the entire right side of the page?
>>
Use a hair dryer you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (67KB, 289x435px) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
67KB, 289x435px
>Price is penned in
>>
>>8419023
It should never have been there, but yes, you did make a mistake there.
>>
>>8419192
I did. It still took off the top layer of the paper but at least it didn't make the tears worse.
>>
>>8418939
>>8419023
Use an iron with a washcloth in-between; the glue may stick to the page a bit, but the sticker will most likely come up without tearing anything.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.