[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend me any (good) books that center on the relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Can anyone recommend me any (good) books that center on the relationship between a brother and sister? I already have The Mountain Lion (Stafford) and Eustace & Hilda (Hartley) up next, but does anyone know of any others with the same kind of strong filial bond?

(Also, seriously, no Flowers in the Attic—I've already read it.)
>>
>>8416920

antigone.
>>
>>8416940
Thanks for reminding me of this but I was fishing for more modern options.
>>
>>8416920
Ada or Ardour
>>
>>8416954
Again, I can't believe I overlooked that one (especially since I was a big Nabokov fanatic in my university years), and really that's a really good rec; but I'm looking for something else, something I haven't read yet.
>>
>>8416920
Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger
>>
>>8416991
Shit, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. I've already read that one; and, along with Ada and Antigone, I consider it to be seminal in my formative years (it's also my favourite Salinger work).

Keep 'em coming.
>>
The Mill on the Floss.

>inb4 female writers a shit xD
>>
>>8417054
Damn...I'd legitimately forgotten about this one. This just brought back similar memories of when I was 14. Seriously, thanks for the reminder. I read this years before Middlemarch, but somehow I completely overlooked it.
>>
>>8417059
I read it some years ago, too. I was really said when they drowned. And the last line also gave me feels.
>>
absalom, absalom! is king in this area, imo
>>
>>8417068
Huh, completely forgot about that. Passing, Shadows, Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>8417068
>>8417075
Also, I've always believed A,A! to be my favourite Faulkner (maybe because nobody else at university had ever read it).
>>
>>8417068
The Sound and the Fury too.
>>
>>8417077

it's generally regarded as at least a top 3 faulkner, it's my personal favorite as well.

now that i think of it though, the only real incestual (not the right word, it's late, forgive me) accusations (again,) come from quentin's roomate, who i tend to think of as (the character) a big jab at high minded university students who give too much merit to greek stories. then again, I believe quentin references cassandra or naiobe or something in the first few pages, before he leaves for college so it may just be faulkner bleeding onto the page.
>>
>>8416920
Electra
>>
>>8417068
>>8417080
>>8417090
Also, I'm not crazy in thinking of Dewey Dell and Darl as being twins in a certain, mytho-poetic sense, right? I believe there's even a section where one of them outlines this relationship (?) in the novel.At least, they're similar enough in their articulation.
>>
>>8417090
Also, thanks for this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.