[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can tell that something is about to happen >involuntarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>can tell that something is about to happen
>involuntarily glance over to the page on the right and scan it for anything before I've finished reading the page on the left
>>
File: 1459043238640.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1459043238640.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>>8415754
>casually glance at the last page before starting the book.
>involuntarily read the last sentance
>PLOT FUCKING TWIST RUINED
>>
File: 58991.png (194KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
58991.png
194KB, 499x499px
>think about life while reading
>don't absorb what i've read at all
>keep reading without re-reading the part i spaced out during
>>
>>8415754
>>8415759
Fear of "spoilers" is a symptom of art being hijacked by consumer ideologies. People feel robbed of the content if it is given to them out of the context (packaging) it's sold in. If the content of a book or film can really be spoiled by revealing an unexpected turn in the plot, it was shit anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>8415775
>do this during Ulysses
>re-read section, realize I missed out on absolutely nothing
>skim through the last half of the book because I won't miss much
Truly patrician
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 800x900px
>>8415754

>reading and I come across an unusual word thats spelled in a way so that there are silent letters or its not at all spelled phonetically
>try to sound it out in my head and repeat it a few times mentally
>because of the unusualness of the word or because of some of the silent letter I'm unable to mentally say the word sufficiently or in a way that satisfies me, its dosn't sound like how the word is supposed to sound
>waste several minutes doing this
>try to go back to the beginning of the sentence and read through it normally but I get hung-up on the word again and can't keep my train of thought on the rest of the sentence
>have to mentally say aloud every word in the sentance and quickly skip over the distracting one in order to be able to move on to the next sentance
>move on through the rest of the page while every now and then glacing back at it and I have to remind myself not to get hung up on it again
>>
>>8415808
Example of such a word?
>>
>>8415845

I can't think of a specific word where its happened to me because it just happens every now and then. I can think of something to use as an example though.

Many people when they say "fifth" just pronounce it by saying "FI-TH" when it should be "FI-F-TH". But when you try to say it the correct way in your head it doesn't really work, in order to accurately capture the middle "f" sound you have to have your lips physically transitioning from the "F" sound to "th" sound but when you just imagine the word being said aloud its hard to hear it any way other then "fith", stuff like that really irritates me.
>>
File: tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg (5KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg
5KB, 252x161px
>>8415754

>thumb sweat leaving a permanent mark on the page because of how thin it is
>>
>>8415789
Gold Star groping is a symptom of criticism being hijacked by consumer ideologies.
>>
>>8416084
What? Is this some weird accusation of being jewish?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.