[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writers you'd like to spend an evening with. Get your heads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: Gilbert_Chesterton.jpg (155KB, 582x718px) Image search: [Google]
Gilbert_Chesterton.jpg
155KB, 582x718px
Writers you'd like to spend an evening with.

Get your heads out of the gutter, I talking about conversation.

My pick in Chesterton
>>
File: george-bernard-shaw.jpg (47KB, 626x900px) Image search: [Google]
george-bernard-shaw.jpg
47KB, 626x900px
>>8413808
I see your Chesterton and raise you a Shaw.
>>
File: 1468622103238.gif (276KB, 272x218px) Image search: [Google]
1468622103238.gif
276KB, 272x218px
Absolutely no contest
>>
File: neilgaiman_3323071b.jpg (97KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
neilgaiman_3323071b.jpg
97KB, 620x387px
Neil Gaiman.

He legit seems like the nicest person on earth in his interviews.
>>
File: Italo-Calvino.jpg (54KB, 330x438px) Image search: [Google]
Italo-Calvino.jpg
54KB, 330x438px
Italo Calvino would make amazing company if his essays are anything to go by.
>>
>>8413812
Spending an evening with an Irishman who doesn't drink? Thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>>8413808
Beckett
Joyce
Sterne
Ballard
Borges
>>
Wataru
>>
>>8413808
>>
File: Big Yuk.png (454KB, 443x500px) Image search: [Google]
Big Yuk.png
454KB, 443x500px
>>8413808

Mishima, so we could spend hours talking about how America has ruined everything.
>>
Wilde. If he was anything like Lord Henry, hoo boy.
>>
I'd like to spend an evening with the inklings. All those great minds talking and sharing ideas. Amazing
>>
John the Revelator
>>
>>8413891
You could have that very same conversation in a kebab shop my friend.
>>
>>8413891
> Mishima
Dude was a fascist. Yikes.
>>
File: homer.jpg (60KB, 485x636px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
60KB, 485x636px
>>8413808
I'd have my daughters set up a warm bath for him while I myself would pour spring water from the pitcher for his hands. Then I'd slaughter my fattest black ram, roast it on spits and serve him the best bits while my wife fills a wicker basket with freshly made bread. Then I'd mix some sweet black Chian wine and fill the silver cups to the brim and then we'd fill the night with stories until Dawn takes her rightful place on brocaded cushions, stories from when men were god-like, gods were god-like, friends were honoured, enemies were killed and glory was either given to another man or won from him, never ignored or spurned as an antiquated, abstract concept.

Sure, I don't actually have any Chian wine lying around but I think I saw Cretan wine at the supermarket where I'd have to go anyway to get some lamb chops. Hopefully I can get some bits with a bit of blood left on them to smear on my hands to make it look like I had just butchered them or something. Also, my wife can't even bake cookies from pre-made dough, let alone bread, and my daughters are much too young to attend to an old man's bath, not that he'd fit easily in our tiny bathtub in our tiny two bedroom, one bathroom apartment. There's no hearth either; the stove is half gas, half electric, maybe that'll count for something.

But the stories, man, the stories...
>>
File: Clarice Lispector.jpg (52KB, 976x865px) Image search: [Google]
Clarice Lispector.jpg
52KB, 976x865px
>>8413808
I'd spend the whole night with her, if you catch my subtle drift.
>>
>>8413985
Wow, that's actually a very cool choice, the only better alternative I can come up with is Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8414387
oh, excuse my retardation, Jesus wasn't writer,
>>
none, leave me alone you milksops
>>
>>8414143
I appreciate your post.
>>
>>8414424

>Appreciating your own post

Here's a (you)
>>
diogenes
>>
>>8413808
Does God count?
>>
>>8414479
*Writers not fictional characters
>>
>>8414132
I am a fascist. And beautifully built. He who builds on the people builds on mud, and now the incompetent are given authority to continue and thrive in weakness. I curse the modern world, which should perish in its infirmity.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.