[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see this book on this thread a lot. Is it any good, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 45974.jpg (34KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
45974.jpg
34KB, 267x400px
I see this book on this thread a lot. Is it any good, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>8412951
Why even bother reading it yourself when you can receive an easily digestible opinion from a complete stranger you'll never meet.
>>
>>8412951
It's the only book I see in this thread
>>
>>8412951
I feel like it's just slightly too unknown a title to really spark a good discussion here.

/lit/ has become really dreadful for discussing specific obscure works. The general pleb tier audience is too busy with their Game of Thrones shit. Same with reddit.

Goodreads is the only place left for a satisfying discussion.
>>
>>8412966
Pessoa is hardly obscure.
>>
>>8412966
>>8412973
Init. He's in Blooms western canon mate.
>>
>>8412966
>I feel like it's just slightly too unknown a title to really spark a good discussion here.
This is practically /lit/s favorite book. Shut the fuck up. Lurk before you post.
Oh nvm you were just trolling. Try less.
>>
>>8412966
a. Pessoa is one out the most famous Portuguese language writers

b. Game of Thrones is hated by even fantasy anons.
>>
worst book i have encountered in a long time. had to put it down about 1/3 of the way through. reads like a 500 page /r9k/ post
>>
people who claim to read pessoa are awfully silent when it comes to discussion.

jajaja speakers pretend he's a notable writer, but when it comes to talking about him, they can offer nothing except how stupid they are and incapable of critical thought.
>>
>>8412951
It's good but I started reading this book with the intention of reading a little bit each day. I was 150 pages in 2 months ago, still there..
>>
In fairness to quiet readers of Pessoa, much of the book of disquiet is an encomium for silence and passivity.
>>
Wonder how many people on /lit/ have actually finished it. I'll freely admit that I didn't.
>>
>>8413761
I downloaded it from libgen and liked what little I read, but it's not the kind of thing I can read in ebook format.
>>
>>8413761
Why not?
>>
>>8413158
It's the perfect toilet book.
>>
>>8413761
I've read about 2/5ths of it, best book I haven't finished nor ever will finish.

I don't think he would want me to finish it either.
>>
I read it pretty much in the same way I do poetry, opening to a page at random and diving right in. Beautiful fucking prose too.
>>
What does \lit do about being overwhelmed by books. How do I not obsess over finishing all these books and stick too one?
>>
>>8412951
if you have time to ask 4chan, you have twice the time to read it
>>
>>8412966
kek. Hashtag his name on Instagram. Every fucking blonde bimbo with huge plastic frames has him on their feed, along with shit YA hauls.
>>
>>8413023
>>8413664
>>8413761
I finished it. It's just.. hard to discuss. It's really promoting silence and discrediting the ways of discussing it on a board like this.

I found his way of thinking really hard to refute. It seemingly made speaking uneccesary and vapid.
I think some other anons who finished it would rather shut up instead of spewing memes.

Btw: reminder that if you can't see the absolute stunning beauty and poetry in the fragements (regardless of your opinion on the book as a whole) you're literally a digusting pleb. And i mean that. You don't even have to like the book but just... ffs.
>>
>>8414024
This, it doesn't really lend itself to discussion.
The amount of plebs on this board dismissing it out of hand is astonishing

The collections of his poetry by Richard zenith are just as good and allow you to get a better feel for his heteronyms
>>
>>8413912
Learn to take more joy in the present moment friend. You can take an infinity's worth of joy from every mundane moment, but you are afraid that there is bigger and better books and moments out there that you're missing out on.

Slow down your reading if anything. Take an hour to read a page and contemplate it, you'll find yourself appreciating things more and absolve your need to go and consume everything.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>8413925
>Every fucking blonde bimbo with huge plastic frames has him on their feed, along with shit YA hauls.
>>
>>8413023
It's the most beautiful written journal.

You'll not understand that if you don't let your hate go.

Just open your eyes and mind do it, take your time to take it in, it gives an oceanic feeling that some have when talking about religion.
>>
>>8413023
>jajaja speakers
>Pessoa
>jajaja

boy, you sure are retarded
>>
>>8413815
u dum, boi
>>
>>8414028
>are just as good
Great, now I don't even have to consider reading them
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.