[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lit, wanted your advice on self publishing an ebook. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey lit, wanted your advice on self publishing an ebook. I want to do it on some platforms besides amazon, which ones have the biggest royalties and respect the most freedom?
>>
lulu
>>
>>8409808
Thanks senpai
>>
>>8409781
You can, but Amazon has the biggest market share by far. To the point that getting set up on other places might be more of a waste of time than just focusing on Amazon. They also have perks if you exclusively have your ebooks there. Though you can opt out of that if it doesn't work for you.

I'm not shilling or anything but as things stand now, you stand a much better chance on Amazon as a self-published author than anywhere else. The other platforms are mostly used by publishers who'll typically have their books in stores too.
>>
Some services I've seen cited on an indie publishing forum:

Barnes and Noble, Google Play, Kobo, Smashwords, Draft2Digital.

Those seem to be the big names going around for 'wide' but I personally stuck with Amazon for now. Perhaps if I grow a larger audience or struggle to find my footing I will branch out but for now Amazon's 70% royalties seem good enough for me.
>>
>>8409926
I meant that my plan wasn't to use amazon exclusively
>>
>>8409937
>>8409926
I figure I should mention that a necessary part of my marketing plan involves pitching to people who probably don't want to give amazon money, so I want to include an option for them
>>
>>8409939
I know what you meant. I'm just saying you should think about it a bit more. None of these things are irreversible of course, but still.

I wouldn't even be saying this if you didn't seem like you were new to the whole self-publishing game.
>>
>>8409949
Oh. Well that's different, but if they're that serious about boycotting Amazon, you might actually want to avoid Amazon altogether so as to have more "street cred" with these people. Though if I were you, I'd only do something like that if I was convinced that these potential readers were a sure thing.
>>
>>8409781
>self-publishing
Wew lad...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.