[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

favorite book you've read this year the year of our current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-JRnovel.jpg (21KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
220px-JRnovel.jpg
21KB, 220x314px
favorite book you've read this year the year of our current year 2016?

mason and dixon or J R
>>
>>8407898
I just read Gaddis's entire oeuvre over these past three months. J R is his best, but Agapē Agape was the one I connected most with. All of his books are great though.
>>
Moby-Dick or Absalom, Absalom! An unexpected favorite from me this year was Sabbath's Theater
>>
Mrs. Dalloway.

honorable mention to Blood Meridian.
>>
>>8407898
gravity's rainbow, not even memeing
>>
What's with JR on /lit/ lately? The Recognitions used to be mentioned a fair bit here but I went away for a couple months and when I came back everyone was suddenly talking about JR in every thread.

Anyway, Invisible Cities or Far Tortuga
>>
>>8407898
Moby Dick or Underworld by Delillo.
Both had me marveling at the skill of the author and profoundly touched me.
Honorable mention to The Book of Disquiet, i've never read anything like it.
>>
>>8407928
It's because it went out of print for a few months right after The Recognitions was memed the fuck out here this year and people are only just now getting around to reading it because Dalkey issued another reprint sometime a month or two ago.
>>
>>8407934
Oh so it's suddenly the new hotness because a shiny new edition popped up at everyone's local B&N right?
>>
>>8407898
Re-read of Moby dick in the middle of January; enjoyed it way more than the first time.

Inherent Vice at the end of July (so far one of the best summer reads).

Pli (in english it's Fold I think) by Deleuze; fascinating piece of work.

After years of holding back I finallay read 2666 and was totally blown away. Especially the Crimes part is one of pinnacles of modern literature.
>>
In Cold Blood or Absolom Absolom! currently reading JR, like it a lot, but it's too much to take in on the first read thru
>>
>>8407936
It's just a reprint of Dalkey's 2000something edition, but yeah, pretty much. Though the fact that it was out of print for a short while contributed to that because a lot of people here were ready to go out and buy a copy right after they finished The Recognitions and were met with jacked up prices on Amazon and pretty much every other site from people trying to scalp it while it was scarce.
>>
>>8407964
this is it for me. I read the recognitions and wanted to go right into J R but had to wait for lower prices.
>>
>>8407898
J R was fantastic, finished it yesterday.

One of the most chaotic and beautiful books I read this year (and I've yet to find anything close to it) was The Journal of Albion Moonlight
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.