[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Religion is a set of symbols and metaphors that provides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

>Religion is a set of symbols and metaphors that provides a language to express what is inexpressible
>Symbols and metaphors that I prefer
>Not more right or more wrong than another
> A religious believer can reject all religious ideology if they want to

Is there any validity in this man's religious philosophy or is he just a regressive shill?
>>
>>8406988

>shill

go back to your containment board. btw you are destroying what little ground there is left for discourse on your containment board with that word. not that i expect you to stop using it any time soon despite this.
>>
>>8406998
i didn't call him a shill, I asked if he was one
>>
>>8406988
I mean... I guess? I mean if you're an anticlerical religious believer, God is personal to you and institutions suck sometimes. Therefore, if you're a Christian, you use symbols like the Holy Ghost, the Father, or the Son to help communicate what you believe God to be. Or if you're a Muslim, you believe God to be an all-encompassing entity and the only entity you submit to. So symbols and metaphors are alright, shit Dostoevsky and Kierkegaard were probably (to an extent) on that train. I just don't know if that reduces religion to mythology, and if it does if that's the best way to go about it. It'd be like a Muslim saying he's a Muslim yet dismissing blatant passages in the Qur'an or not acknowledging the militant actions of Muhammad.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.