[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question. What should i read before: 1. Kant 2. Hegel 3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg (183KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg
183KB, 800x1000px
Quick question. What should i read before:
1. Kant
2. Hegel
3. Kierkegaard
to understand their philosophy?
>>
Hegel to understand Kierkegaard, Kant to understand Hegel.
But Hegel needs much more time to be fully appreciated.
>>
>>8404321
1. Plato
2. Kant
3. Hegel
>>
In this order:

>Plato
>Aristotle
>Descartes
>Hume
>Kant
>Fitche
>Schelling
>Hegel
>Kierkegaard
>>
>>8404321
>>8404321
1. Read some Plato, Aristotle's Metaphysics. Descartes' Meditations and Hume's Enquiry concerning Human Understanding.
2. Read the ones from number 1 + Kant.
3. Read Hegel (number 2) and basic understanding of protestant theology + Kierkegaards biography.

Next step is read some Husserl and presocratics and then take on Heidegger.
>>
File: Schoppy.png (419KB, 977x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Schoppy.png
419KB, 977x1000px
>>8404321

>2016
>Reading Hegel
>Mfw

Just get the Oxford 'Very Short Introduction' if you REALLY need to read Hegel, for whatever reason.
>>
i wish there were more portraits of soren. so handsome
>>
>>8404745
What about Leibniz
>>
>>8405386
Best biscuits.
>>
>>8404902
yeah hes really cute, made me wanna learn danish so i could read his originals text and imagine his voice with some ASMR playing in the background and pretending he was whispers his sensuous musings into my ear
>>
>>8405386
who cares lol
>>
I know Aristotle is essential but I don't think it's worth it to read all of his work, right? Could I get away with just Metaphysics, Ethics, Poetics, Politics, and Rhetoric? I'm not sure how important his work in logic is.
>>
>>8405386
literally irrelevant
>>
>>8407474
"just"? Just Metaphysics will take you months with secondary literature if you actually want to study it. In any case, I don't think reading Aristoteles in a vacuum is that insightful unless you are really interested in ancient philosophy. You won't get the historic value of his work if you haven't read a lot of more contemporary philsophy to put his ideas into a philosophic-historic context.
>>
>>8404745
Fichte, Schelling AND Hegel.
Schopenhauer would like you to just die now, you insufferable pleb.
>>
>>8407540
I know it sounds like a lot to say "just," but I've been reading Aristotle for a few months already. Metaphysics was definitely difficult, even with secondary texts. I'm ok with living and breathing Aristotle for a little while longer; I've just heard of people who devote their whole lives to him.
>>
>>8406270
I've dabbled in Danish anon, and let me tell you: it's easy as hell to learn for an English speaker (not including pronunciation).
>>
>reading Descartes/Spinoza/Leibniz without understanding medieval scholasticism
>reading Kant without understanding Christian Wolff
>reading Plato/Aristotle before presocratic fragments
>>
>>8407768
kek at reading heraclitus. shut the fuck up anon
>>
>>8407781
Parmenides is more essential.
>>
>>8407548
it is the opposite of what you say it is
>>
>>8407768
all of these things are fine
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.