[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Less Than Zero
No Longer Human
Lolita
Journey to the End of the Night
Neuromancer
East of Eden
Wuthering Heights
Steppenwolfe
Maldoror
Slaughterhouse Five
Coin Locker Babies
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Nadja
Junky
The Journal of Albion Moonlight
Confessions of a Mask
Moragavine
The Blind Owl
Brave New world
Hebdomeros
Babylon by Rene Crevel
Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel

Vote here http://www.strawpoll.me/11004708

Or if there's something that's not on here which you think is better than all of them, which is a mind fucky Serial Experiments Lain type surreal mind expanding fiction for people who want to really subvert their own consciousness, leave the name of it down below :)
>>
How do you honestly self bump this thread.

How can you really manage to tell yourself that this thread is worth anyone's fucking time.

I underestimate how lonely you people are. Do you come here to discuss books, or throw bookly words around but really just validate each other???
>>
>>8403799
lmao. I'm looking for a new book to read. I've tried reading nausea, notes from underground, and the passion according to g h, but those were too difficult. So I am trying to find a new book to read all the way through lmao omg dude seriously I am in such a horny mood this morning.
>>
>>8403836
Nausea is kind of hard to get through, I almost gave up on it after about 100 pages. I later picked it up again and finished reading it and I'm glad I did, it definitely gets better and there are some lines and thoughts in there which will stick with you
>>
>>8403590
These are the ones I've read:-

Less Than Zero - Very good. It's about bored LA teenagers with too much money and too little supervision. Pretty disturbing most of the time. The interludes between chapters are especially good.

Steppenwolf - The best on your list. Although how much you enjoy it depends mainly on your age. If you're old enough to have felt existential angst, this book offers a solution. Nice trippy ending too.

Slaughterhouse Five - Pretty good. Vonnegut is reliable, but not exactly exciting IMO.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - One of the best sci-fi stories out there. Very different to Blade Runner. Weird and thought-provoking.

Junky - Good fun, and pretty hair-raising. Apparently it's largely autobiographical. Burroughs liked to live on the edge ...

Brave New World - I was disappointed. Huxley was a superb prose stylist, but there's little evidence of it here. The ending is also a bit too vague for its own good. The words "left hanging" spring to mind.
>>
>>8403836
Hermann Hesse is the most accessible of the existentialists IMO. You might try Demian, which is at least nice and short.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.