[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not even 100 pages into this and already there have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1452291756579.jpg (103KB, 392x574px) Image search: [Google]
1452291756579.jpg
103KB, 392x574px
I'm not even 100 pages into this and already there have been three independent descriptions of violent gay sex. Is Pynchon a faggot ?
>>
>>8402213
I think you're lying. The only gay sex I can think of within the first 100 pages is the scene with Blicero, Katje, and Gottfried. I'm not even sure if that's in the first 100 pages.
>>
>>8402213
Gay sex isn't gay if he says no homo
>>
>>8402220
It is in the first hundred pages, and so is the imagined nigger gangrape that Slothrop escapes from and the other guy who lives in "Red River Valley" and has masochistic sex with the "westwardman" Crutchfield aka Crouchfield.
>>
Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.
>>
>>8402213
Believe me, you are not grown-up enough to read Pynchon.
>>
>>8403958
Then why am I enjoying the book so much ?
>>
>>8402278
is it just one guy posting this whenever Pynchon is mentioned or multiple people?
>>
>>8404068
I heard it is actually Mr. Pynchon
>>
>>8402213
> Is Pynchon a faggot ?

No. See: Bianca.

Also,

Numsy-Wumsy n' Poopsie-Poo
If I'm a degenerate
Then so are you!
>>
>>8404068
It's a direct quote from RAW's Illuminatus! Trilogy, which is definitely not worth reading but has served its purpose, I guess.
>>
>>8402213
No, although his ability to convincingly portray homoeroticism, subtle and otherwise, despite being by all accounts completely straight is part of what makes him great imo.
>>
>>8406142
Maybe, but I'm still suspicious. I actually am a faggot and even I would be embarrassed to be writing a lot of the gay scenes in Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
>>8404482
Illuminatus is very much worth reading, fuck off
>>
OP here, I have another question about the book : it's implied several times that the events of the story are set in 1945, but it also implies that it takes place in December. Why is the War still going on in December of 1945 ? Is this in an alternate version of history where the War extended longer than it actually did ?
>>
>>8406569
A large part of the book takes place after the war, but where did you find it saying that the war was going on in December 1945? I know part 1 takes place during Christmas, but I think it's 1944.
>>
>>8402231
The guy Slothrop escapes from is Malcolm X
>>
>>8404482
Holy shit Sebastian, we get it, you like goodreads and dislike Illuminatus.

How can someone who read so much be so monotone?
>>
>>8406176
Wait until you get to the pedo-incestuous sex scene amidst a orgy
>>
>>8406606
Well it doesn't say anywhere that it's set in December 1945 exactly, but in the beginning it implies that it's in 1945, even directly states it at one point IIRC, and now the part I'm on is in the winter and they're all preparing for Christmas. Either it's December 1945 or it very subtly snuck me into a flashback at some point.

>>8406613
OHSHITNIGGA, but that doesn't really explain anything about the date.

>>8406624
Can't wait, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>8406630
>Either it's December 1945 or it very subtly snuck me into a flashback at some point.
Actually, reflecting back on this, I noticed that at the beginning it implied that Bloat had been photographing Slothrop's map for a while, which means that it must have jumped chronologically back at some point. I'm surprised that I hadn't realized this until now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.