[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the book that's most like an anime slice of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1471141120892.jpg (378KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471141120892.jpg
378KB, 1280x720px
What's the book that's most like an anime slice of life show? Something utterly saccharine, with no stakes, with cute girls in cute situations, really bright pastel colors, and something that makes your nutbladder tingle?
>>
Ulysses
>>
The Diary of Anne Frank
>>
>>8397893
Little Women
>>
>>8397901
this
>>
imagine the kind of ironic kid making posts like this having to read infinite jest
>>
>>8398093
Not being ironic. I really want to know.

Addendum to the OP: Romance is allowed but highly discouraged unless it's between those of the same sex.
>>
>>8397893
I think some of Jane Austin's novels capture this feeling
>>
>>8397936
dude this book is hot as fuck no lie
>>
>>8397893
Read light novels. They're literally anime in book form.

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Category:Light_novel_(English)
>>
>>8399656
Serious question. Are all light novels poorly written? I have seen a few because I liked the anime/manga adaptation but all of those were written poorly. The paragraphs were all over the place and the onomatopoeia for every thing they did killed it for me.

Maybe it was the translation (I read a printed version, I believe that is the best I can get) but I don't feel like reading kindergarten text.
>>
>>8398225
lol no
>>
>>8399677
For the most part, yes. It's not really the translation though, because I've read some in Japanese and...well, the translations are spot on and literal. Unfortunately, it just doesn't flow well in English. That's actually the selling point in Japan, they're aimed at younger audiences with their ease of reading and lack of description. And the panty shots pictures.

That being said, there are definitely light novels which are written well. The Monogatari series is done very well in Japanese, though a bunch of the puns and wordplay would probably be lost in translation. Rakuin no Monshou is the only other that comes to mind. It's not written in short paragraphs, doesn't have everyone freaking the fuck out with each dialogue (W-W-W-WHAAAAAT!!!!!!) and it has actual pacing, each scene isn't constant action.
>>
>>8398093
"Having" to read? But Infinite Jest is fun
>>
File: MTMxNDMwMjM2Nzc5NzU5NjI2.jpg (152KB, 1200x659px) Image search: [Google]
MTMxNDMwMjM2Nzc5NzU5NjI2.jpg
152KB, 1200x659px
OP, what you're looking for are slice of life TV shows. I recommend Northern Exposure, idyllic small town life in 90s rural Alaska, sprinkled with patrician literary, cinematic and cultural allusions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.