[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you just write YA novels? Most grown ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: HungergamesCover.jpg (272KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HungergamesCover.jpg
272KB, 795x1200px
Why don't you just write YA novels? Most grown ups don't read anymore.
>>
>>8395793
Most *kids don't read anymore. Plenty of adults read YA novels.
>>
>>8395793
>Plenty of adults read YA novels.
Another good reason for writing YA.
>>
>>8395793
I'm not after money. I am after immortality. My mum has money.
>>
This. It's an easy, if somewhat soul-destroying, way of making money. If you don't want to sell out, use a pseudonym. Maybe you could do a good job and get people reading some proper lit.
>>
What's wrong with The Hunger Games? I thought it was a pretty good set of dystopian novels. Honestly, it's a better depiction of where the world is headed than shit like 1984, which is considered a classic. And yes, I've read both.
>>
>>8397180
What does proper lit do so much different? Once you read enough, you realize that all novels tell the same limited story about the same limited themes. Only postmodern crap really stands out but outside of artistic expression it's just masturbatory drivel.
>>
>>8397189
LMAO Shut up
>>
>>8397219
You've never actually read a book in your life, have you?
>>
>>8397338
Do you also have an actual point? Perhaps something to address the question?

All this "real literature" and highbrow - lowbrow shit is just ridiculous and once you grow up out of your bubble you'll realize it too. Shakespeare was considered pleb trash for centuries before elitist idiots hijacked it (and language changed enough to make them hard to understand for most people) Give it couple years and YA shit of today will be considered "high art".
>>
>>8397338
I actually think the poster you're responding to believes all books "tell the same limited story about the same limited themes," BECAUSE they have read a lot of books, not for lack of reading. I read 600+ books and feel the same. After a while, you start to see how similar everything is, but do think many post-modern novels are the exception.
>>
>>8397338

following the groupthink sentiment, yah, reading some classics shows that many ancient plays have their very real influence in modern productions.

i used to believe that psychoanalysis especially when applied to text was full of it but you do see some reoccurring themes through the western cannon. i cant speak for the eastern.
>>
>>8395793
1st person present tense is unreadable and I rather get blown by an ugly toothless ham-beast than write that kind of drivel
>>
>>8397356
I almost didn't notice it, 7/10
>>
>>8395793
Because it's boring.

Why would I do something I find boring?

That sounds anti-productive.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.