[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should i read this? What will i get from read it? What makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Why should i read this?
What will i get from read it?
What makes it different from other things?
>>
>>8393229

Is there supposed to be an ass on that hand?
>>
>>8393229
it is trash and belongs in the trash.
>>
>>8393229
Its pretty meh and ends on a cliff hanger. Up to you.
>>
>>8393229
>why not, it's hardly expansive
>it's funny if you like british humour and if you know sci-fi quite well you'll enjoy the references
>it's popular and there's not much else like it which doesn't rip it off
>>
I read the Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide earlier this summer and I would have a hard time recommending the series. I laughed a couple times but the humor was really one-note and I spent most of the time thinking "damn, I wish I'd read this when I was 12."

If you want witty scifi laffs just read some Vonnegut.
>>
>>8393229
>Why should i read this?

Because you like the idea of goofing around in space, exploring things. You want a more hedonistic/lolrandom Star Trek universe.

>What will i get from read it?

If you're 16 or younger, laughs. If you're older than that, maybe some neat plot ideas.

>What makes it different from other things?
It's more of a classic than many other books, and it's got Zaphod Beeblebrox.
>>
It's entertaining. The book's humor has been co-opted by a bunch of shitty authors, but you can't really blame it for that. It's short too, so why not?

Play the text adventure game if you do read it, it's pretty fun.
>>
It's entertaining if you like old school sci-fi or LucasArt graphic adventures (because almost every graphic adventure shares the same kind of british humour).
Also, it's insanely influential and every medium is full of references towards the guide (42, the fucking towel, etc).
>>
>>8393253
Honestly this. I started reading it last week, and it's not all that enjoyable for me. I can see though I probably would have liked it if I read it when I was in my teens. I got the Ultimate Hitcher's Guide as a gift from my brother, so I'm going to read it all anyways (I have OCD, if I start a book I HAVE to finish it).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.