[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever explained in any lovecraft story why the deep ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Esoteric_Order_of_Dagon.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Esoteric_Order_of_Dagon.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
Is it ever explained in any lovecraft story why the deep ones do what they do?

Like, why do the deep ones give gold in exchange for sacrifice? what do they get out of people being killed?

also, who do they want to breed with humans? if it were to get rid of humans and replace them with their offspring, wouldn't it be easier to just kill the humans?
>>
>>8393101
The Deep Ones are the worshippers of Dagon and Cthulhu, they sacrifica people for unknown reasons but it's hinted that it's a part of a ritual that needs killings in order to satisfy their Gods.
They breed with humans because their gene is stronger than ours and by the time we reach full madurity the Deep One gene kicks in and you are drawn to the sea to join your fish brothers and make the cult greater.
They don't want to kill the humans and replace them on earth, they are waiting, worshipping Dagon and expecting Cthulhu to take back Earth when he awakes.

You are very missinformed, what stories have you read?
>>
>>8393142
i read a shadow over innsmouth a while ago and the dunwich horror more recently. was planning on getting into some more lovecraft, but i wanted some clarifications.

Not necessarily misinformed, just missing information.
>>
>>8393154
At the end of SoI it's explained that /spoiler/ the protagonist has Deep Ones blood and he goes to break his cousing from jail and travel with him to Innsmouth to meet with their Deep Ones relatives. Read At the mountains of madness, everythins is pretty much explained there.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.