[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered this, what am I in for? Does his mother become any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: DuneII.png (396KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
DuneII.png
396KB, 304x500px
Just ordered this, what am I in for? Does his mother become any less pretentious?
>>
>>8392948
His mothers not the one you have to worry about though.
>>
A very dry read
>>
>>8392948
The witches are always bitches, Paul is too good and kind a man to do what must be done.
>>
>>8392948
The conclusion to Dune. Only about half as long (or possibly shorter), IIRC. Ordering it seems weird to me as the Dune books pretty reliably show up in charity shops.
>>
>>8393030
I live in a small town in the back arse of nowhere, it's difficult to come across any novels written before 1990.

Are the other books in the collection after this one not worth reading then?
>>
>>8393037
If you liked Dune, God Emperor is the final conclusion of that entire storyline. The two books after God Emperor were meant to form the first half of a second set of four that would have wrapped up the entire thing but Frank died after Chapterhouse, and the books that his kid wrote were NOT good in any way.

I recommend the first four to anyone who likes scifi/fantasy and the next two to anyone who really loved those four. The rest are garbage written by a children's author.
>>
>>8393037
Nah, if you liked Dune you'll like them, as >>8393048 says. It's just that, without spoiling things, Dune Messiah concludes major elements of Dune (although it also sets up the books that follow). It makes Dune look like half a book in retrospect.
>>
>>8393056
>>8393048

Thanks, reading up to God Emperor seems to be the best idea.

>The rest are garbage written by a children's author.
I've also heard that everything his son has written in regards to the Dune universe is atrocious, so I'll give those books a wide birth.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.