[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other day I watched The Last Temptation of Christ. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: jesus-on-the-cross.jpg (219KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-on-the-cross.jpg
219KB, 600x329px
The other day I watched The Last Temptation of Christ. It's based on a book by Nikos Kazantzakis and after a quick google research I saw that he wrote quite a few books that sound interesting. So, is he good author? What should I read? Would I waste my time with him?
>>
Your time isn't worth anything anyway
>>
You're going to die some day.
>>
>>8385460
Heh, that's clever.
>>
How the hell are we supposed to know what you like?

If you have time to cruise the 4chan forums, you have time to pick up a book and read it yourself.
>>
>>8385458
He is very good, and you should read Last Temptation of Christ. I found the book and the movie to be complementary. Obviously the book goes much more in depth philosophically.
>>
He's great. Zorba the Greek is full of life and wit, and his verse giant The Odyssey: A Modern Sequel is fucking EPIC. Odysseus saves Helen but she runs off with a black slave, he builds a religious cult at the source of the Nile kind of like Kurtz, but an earthquake destroys it. He meets an incarnation of the Buddha, Don Quixote, Jesus, and dies in Antarctica. If that doesn't make you hungry for a full translation, I give up.
>>
>>8386999
This.
>>
>>8386999
>Odysseus saves Helen
From whom?
>>
>>8388720
>we don't need no education
starts playing
>>
>>8388720
In Euripides' Trojan Women, in Troy just after its fall, we learn that Helen will be taken back to Greece where a death sentence awaits her. Kazantzakis has a similar idea, and Odysseus rescues her from the Spartans, and takes her to Egypt, which fits some classic authors who argued that Helen spent most or all of the Trojan War in Egypt anyway (ten years in Memphis, according to Herodotus). There are many conflicting reports of Helen's role in the war, so Kazantzakis has fun with it, but he's obviously researched it well.
>>
Cool to see a Kazantzakis thread 2 days in a row. I've read Last Temptation, Reporto Greco, and Christ Recrucified. All great (Last Temptation probably the best of those three). He's definitely overlooked and on par with Dostoyevsky and Nietzsche as far as 20th century lit goes.
>>
>>8390369
Dostoevsky died well before the 20th century.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.