[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this book, quite possible one of the greatest books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 518aJh03fdL.jpg (34KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
518aJh03fdL.jpg
34KB, 334x500px
Just finished this book, quite possible one of the greatest books I have ever read, really. Question is, anyone have any theories on what happened in the end? Mine is that the 3rd man pissing outside the outside was the main character, the man himself. Inside was the little girl that went missing whom the Judge presumably raped and murdered.
>>
>>8382341
Outside the *outhouse.
>>
>>8382341
should have read butcher's crossing it's better

kys, etc.
>>
>>8382484
why do you post this in every BM thread.
Butcher's Crossing and Blood Meridian aren't even the same genre, one's southern goth and the other is anti-western. If anything you should compare BC to Suttree, they have the same basic premise and themes.
>>
>>8382341
My theory is that YeCarthy is a hack.
>>
>>8382348
Good post.
>>
>>8382341
I wish.

It's probably the kid dead. Or both of them together.
>>
>>8382341
Pretty much every incident in this book has a parallel somewhere else in the book. The Kid and Toadvine attacking Sidney and burning the hotel was an act of vigor that attracted the Judge's favor. The Man killing Elrod, his symbolic "son", was an act of anti-vigor, in violation of the son's right to cyclically inherit the father's life in the world (see the Harnessmaker's tale), attracting the Judge's disfavor. The gunman who shoots Reverend Green parallels the gunman who shoots the bear. The Kid ascending the hotel stairway to demonstrate his vitality parallels him ascending the whorehouse stairway to demonstrate his sexual impotence, or anti-vitality, with the prostitute. The Kid and the dwarf prostitute parallel the bear and the little girl. The death of the bear, a tamed creature disappointing to the Judge for the loss of its predacious vigor, clearly parallels the Judge's execution of the Man.
>>
>>8382521
you're a fucking pleb, and likely haven't read either

both are realist western novels
kys
>>
ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.