[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Knausgaard lived the ultimate /lit/erary lifestyle? >born

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: kanusgaard.jpg (19KB, 858x482px) Image search: [Google]
kanusgaard.jpg
19KB, 858x482px
Has Knausgaard lived the ultimate /lit/erary lifestyle?

>born to academic parents
>conflict with father which created lifelong angst
>entrance into renowned writing school at an early age
>around seven years spent studying different topics
>avoided full-time wagecuckery his entire life
>spent months on the dole when he felt like writing in peace
>qt wife paid the bills while he focused on writing
>generally lived as a NEET throughout his 20s thanks to based Norwegian welfare and free education syste,
>debut aged 30 wins major Norwegian prize and is respected by all critics
>following book two years later wins several international awards and is again respected by critics worldwide
>memoirs have worldwide appeal, becoming bestsellers in several countries
>not even 50 years old
>>
File: 1462455450965.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1462455450965.png
29KB, 633x758px
>tfw nothing in your life has pointed you towards anything resembling the /lit/ life: no good education or /lit/erary careers or /lit/ friends and family
>only thing you've got is you're book nerd who writes shitty short stories no one cares about
>>
>>8378341
>born to academic parents
>conflict with father which created lifelong angst
>entrance into renowned writing school at an early age
>around seven years spent studying different topics
>avoided full-time wagecuckery his entire life
>spent months on the dole when he felt like writing in peace
>qt wife paid the bills while he focused on writing
>generally lived as a NEET throughout his 20s thanks to based Norwegian welfare and free education syste,
>debut aged 30 wins major Norwegian prize and is respected by all critics
>following book two years later wins several international awards and is again respected by critics worldwide
>memoirs have worldwide appeal, becoming bestsellers in several countries
>not even 50 years old
>his books still have no value
>>
>>8378341
>Knausgaard
Literally who?
>>
>>8378396
Ask yourself : What is my ignorance proving, here ?
>>
>>8378341
Name doesn't ring a bell.
Good for him I guess.
>>
isnt he like severely depressed tho?
he books fucking kill me, like listening to a sun kil moon album
>>
>Cormac McCarthy ditches upper class home to live in a mountain shack with no power and no running water with his pregnant girlfriend
>does nothing but read and write all day
>tells girlfriend who takes care of their son and does all the chores to get a job so she can support them while he works on his writing
>she dumps him
>he moves to a motel that charges $2 per night where he does all his writing
>gets kicked out because he can't afford it.
>he gets a new gf
>they live in a barn, bathe in a pond, and eat beans every day
>local university asks him to give a lecture on one of his books to the students, offering $2,000
>he declines, saying "it's all in there."
>gets dumped again.
>moves to Spain to learn Spanish.
>Marries a pop star
>After 20 years of working on Suttree he completes it, then makes his wife type out two complete drafts of it.
>Moves back to the US
>Gets rich
>Divorces third wife.
>Lives as a critically acclaimed author, hangs out at a research institute with top scientists, editing their papers and whatnot.

pretty fucking based.
>>
It's a shame the last four books were so bad. I got had by the quality of the first two.
>>
>>8379552
>sun kil moon
>depressing
>>
>>8378350
The so-called "literary life" of pop culture are just a bunch of props. Don't give up.
>>
>>8378396
>>8378417

Have you been to a bookstore at all in the past five years? Read the book review section of the New York Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, or Washington Post?

Have you been on /lit/?
>>
I read the first book and want to read the second book. I will next year. :)
>>
>>8379585
>hangs out at a research institute with top scientists, editing their papers and whatnot.

wow, a total sell-out

no wonder he did that shitty oprah interview. "it's all in there" my ass
>>
>>8379651
>The so-called "literary life" of pop culture are just a bunch of props. Don't give up.
Not really. You have to have a shitload of money. Being born into wealth or otherwise being able to coast through life for free is a bit more than a prop.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.