[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm suddenly gaining an interest in fiction /lit/erature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: just got shot.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
just got shot.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
I'm suddenly gaining an interest in fiction /lit/erature. So far, almost all of the fiction stuff I read was fantasy or post-XXth sad novels. I'm looking for classic novels, love stories, people in conflict with themselves, I don't know, something beautiful. What would you rec me?
>>
>>8375831
Something easy,
>>
>>8375840
jk just check out some plot summaries and find something that sounds interesting. Spoilers aren't really a thing.
>>
File: Urs_Allemann.jpg (17KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
Urs_Allemann.jpg
17KB, 300x410px
>>
>>8375844
Actually, I'm looking for something easy, I'm not that much of a reader. I don't even know where to look for plot summaries.
>>
The Sorrows of young Werther
Crime and Punishment
The Metarmophosis
The Castle or Kafkas short storys
>>
>>8375851
>The Metarmophosis
Already read, didn't really like it.

Anyway, The Sorrows of young Werther might be the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: odysseus_irus.gif (37KB, 890x574px) Image search: [Google]
odysseus_irus.gif
37KB, 890x574px
>>8375850
The Iliad and Odyssey desu lad
>>
American Psycho
>>
>>8375850
Read Metamorphoses by Ovid (Mandelbaum translation) and boom! almost everything you'll read from then on will build off of it and the Bible.
Everything will be easier.

Write down characters if you're determined enough. It'll keep you from being confused.

Apollo=Phobeus

It's entertaining itself as well.
>>
>>8375831
Read the Count of Monte Christo.
>But muh thousand pages
Read it.
If you can't be arsed to do that, read The Call of the Wild or Frankenstein.
>>
>>8375851
Crime and Punishment is a great suggestion, I think you'll really like that. It's also very easy but may be a bit long for someone just getting started.
>>8375858
I read the Metamorphosis when I was a freshman or so in hs and I didn't really like it either, but as I grew older Kafka became one of my favorite writers and I loved everything he wrote (except the Trial, to be honest).
>>
Catch 22 is pretty good

The Things They Carried, its a war book, with some love stories but I personally found the overall book beautiful.

Peace Like A River, a little dry at times but it was definitely touching

The Virgin Suicides fits some of your criteria
>>
I thought a Tale of Two Cities was breddy gud. It's also nice for people who don't read much because it was written in installments and basically every chapter has something engaging going on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.