[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seeing a lot of interesting political movements in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I'm seeing a lot of interesting political movements in the world today and I can't help to feel that is likely that a similar thing has happen before.

Maybe we are 20-30 year from something like the fall of an empire or something similar but you guys might know more, so what can I read about a similar historic period to know what to expect?

Things are pretty degenerate today so that might be a sign
>>
The whole west is in Weimar republic mode. So go and read Spengler if you have to.
>Things are pretty degenerate today so that might be a sign
Honestly, was there ever a time when it wasn't like that?
>>
>>>/his/
>>>/pol/
>>>/pseud/
>>
>>8375817
Of course, but I think maybe the deegre of liberties present has been seen in other declining civilizations before. You know how this is we go from one extreme to the other in a few years
>>
>Things are pretty degenerate today so that might be a sign

Just wait till you actually start reading history books
>>
>>8375797
The fate of empires and search for survival by John Bagot Glubb
>>
>>8375887
Yeah, we should restrict the rights of everyone except an elect few (which you are obviously a part of)
>>
>>8375817
But did they had the kind of liberties we have right now (speach, sexual, etc) I feel that maybe this is more like some older thing
>>
>>8375909
>we should restrict the rights of everyone
What is this? Kindergarten? Obviously we have to kill 70% of the worldwide population. Just let my family and friends live.
>>
>>8375926
>friends
>>
File: Erotic_scenes_Louvre_G13_n1.jpg (761KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Erotic_scenes_Louvre_G13_n1.jpg
761KB, 2200x1650px
>>8375914
You think sexual liberty is something new? Fun fact: shaved pussies where a huge thing in ancient egypt all up into medieval times. Some prude french queen set the trend that girls have to have hairs downstairs.
>>
>>8375797
Dostoyevsky's "Demons"
>>
>>8375955
Is like people are missing my point entirely, I know this shit is not new I want to know in what other period of time this set of circumstances happened before to get a feeling of what is coming.

Today we have economic prosperity but on a steady decline, world peace but also on a steady decline. Sexual, speech, religious and generally thinking liberties so besides the whole technological things in with part of history all this conditions were given and what was the outcome.
>>
>>8375992
The Book of Revelations by John
>>
>>8375997
I really don't feel we are there yet
>>
>>8375992
its like the 1930s
>>
File: AMERICA FUCK YEAH.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA FUCK YEAH.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>8375797
>like the fall of an empire
Soon
>>
The Collapse of Complex Societies- Tainter
>>
>>8375992
Read these essays >>8375901
They are exactly what you are looking for
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.