[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ It seems that sometimes when I read, I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /lit/

It seems that sometimes when I read, I don't really take it in. Sure I read the words, but I'm not really "taking" it in, I don't really know whats happening.

How do I get rid of this or am I retarded.
>>
>>8372559

Force yourself to make actual associations whenever possible while reading. That way it literally sticks to something inside your brain.
>>
Concentrate on what you're reading, and exercise frequently. A sedentary lifestyle contributes to mental dullness and torpor, which can manifest in exactly the manner you describe.
>>
>>8372565
Expand on this please.

>>8372570
I'll try senpai thanks
>>
>>8372559
Ahoy
you might be reading shit youre not really into. for whatever reason, pick up something simple you absolutely dig like a comic or some zany literature your poke always discouraged you from reading. or lyrics from a song
>>
I don't think it's that much of a problem, if I'm reading for a long time I do sometimes start to think about something else, or just start to think about the book in general, but my mind always twigs when an important bit's going on. It's funny how as a fret for hours over the flow and every tiny detail and thematic echo in my work, and how as a reader my own stuff would probably go over my head. It's diff for diff books as well. Something like Margret Atwood novel probably isn't going to be holding your attention the whole way through.
>>
>>8372667
* as a writer
>>
>>8372559
why is that pic so hot
>>
>>8372559
You aren't focusing. Sometimes it may be your fault, sometimes not. Turn off all distractions, tell people you are going to read and to leave you alone if you are around people, and then try to read.

If you can't focus after that, do something else for a while. Check to see if the book is boring, see if you can find a way to relate to the book so it won't be boring.

If you did all this and still can't focus, you either don't want to read or you have issues. See if you cant get pills or find a new hobby.
>>
>>8372559
The more reading you do, the better you'll get. It's a skill like anything else.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.