[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been feeling misanthropic lately. I am repulsed by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1470105801613.jpg (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470105801613.jpg
85KB, 1920x1080px
I've been feeling misanthropic lately. I am repulsed by everyone and everything and see myself as a bitter human being. Any book that will inspire me to take steps toward becoming a more gentle, patient, and understanding man?
>>
>>8372486
Fragments of Democritus' Ethics.
>>
meditations
>>
el tunel
the divided self
steppenwolf
>>
>>8372514
Not sure about those anon...
>>
Tolstoy is the king for this. War and Peace optimally, but anything by him really.
>>
>>8372486
Study Jesus. Not the "imaginary skydaddy" Jesus, but the grounded, enlightened mortal man who dedicated his life to the strength of Love. Real love, not fake, synthetic love.

And note that he is the most powerful and influential man in the history of the world, and yet he sacrificed himself. Think about it and be patient. You will see.
>>
>>8372486
what thats paint even means?
>>
>>8372573
They made me realise some of the errors ways, or at least made clear where I could easily go wrong.
I think at least 'The Divided Self' is worth a read. It will shed some light on OP's situation.
>>
>>8372486
Reading a book isn't going to help you. You have a outlook on life that you either wish you didn't have or that conflicts with something or someone in your life. Examine yourself. Why is this? Do you gain pleasure by being repulsed by other people? Does disregarding the problems of humanity help you alleviate the stresses of politics, social life, and modern culture? Do you want to maintain an image of yourself as a disaffected social outcast? What is it that makes you continue to feel something that you don't want to feel?

Really think about what's going on in the background, all the impulses that are happening in your mind that may lead you to continue this cycle. Reflect.

t. been through this before
>>
>>8372648
what does one do afterwards?
>>
>>8372486
>Command+F
>No Karamazov
>No Dostoevsky

cmon leet
>>
>>8372486
Book? Leave 4chan forever. That's the only possible cure.
>>
File: ascetic.jpg (87KB, 380x480px)
ascetic.jpg
87KB, 380x480px
>>8372486
Realise the shoddy transient nature of all that exists and people being cunts becomes very forgivable.
>>
>>8372593
>enlightened mortal man
Abosolutely degenerate.
>>
>>8372486
Jog.
>>
File: 1463003210644.jpg (41KB, 510x272px) Image search: [Google]
1463003210644.jpg
41KB, 510x272px
How could you be gentle when you don't love yourself as you are, be patient when you're quick to throw your person away, be understanding when you take your sensibilities as just a thing?

To forgive your mistakes and know your limitations, to not make yourself suffer needlessly nor enjoy passions hollowly, to not be a hidrance but help others, to know when to fight and not to, to see yourself as part of something greater yet remaining your own person, are all beautiful things; but they can only be done by someone that doesn't want to escape himself, that doesn't regard himself as special but takes the responsibility of being that person only they can be.

Always begin with yourself. Love and know yourself, and you will love the things and people that make you who you are. Forget the future and forget the past, accept things as they are now, then see if you are called to change them, and do so with respect and honesty, and if you are honest in the fact it is you that doesn't wants to suffer this or that, have you not become a bigger man by virtue of seeing yourself in others?

Anyway, read the Ego and its Own.
>>
>>8374504
>>8373626
danke
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.