[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the projected conspiracy in this book? For its page

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 17208457.jpg (42KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
17208457.jpg
42KB, 313x475px
So what is the projected conspiracy in this book? For its page by page simplicity it feels like there are more plot ambiguities and loose ends than Gravity's Rainbow. Who the heck did 9/11 in this book, and why?

Interestingly Pynchon's most skeptical conspiracy novel is also his only one tackling a fully non-fictional conspiracy. In V. and Lot 49, and Gravity's Rainbow we may not get exact answers, but the conspiracies feel more like allegory anyways, but here ...

Any thoughts on this book in general? I've heard a lot of anons on here defending it, I am curious to see their side of things.
>>
>>8372431
>his only one tackling a fully non-fictional conspiracy
Whichever way one looks at this, you're way off the mark
>>
>>8372445
Well, I don't see Vheissu, Trystero, Rocket-State, or Golden Fang Truthers as much as 9/11 ones.
>>
>>8372452
GR has more actual conspiracies in it than a sow's litter, piglets
>>
>>8372477
True, but none exist as a singular focal point for the narrative. GR's pervading conspiracy, the force by a hundred names, - THE SYSTEM, THEM, THE ROCKET CARTEL - is not a real 'conspiracy', it's an entity, almost mythological. The smaller conspiracies referenced in Gravity's Rainbow like The Shell Conspiracy are past tense, historical.

9/11 is a still a subject of great contention, the conspiracy has not been resolved, history has not provided us a final answer yet. In that sense, it is the only time I can think of Pynchon has taken on a real active conspiracy and made it the focus of his novel. Hope that clears up what I meant.
>>
ok well let me give it a shot

hashlingrz is a secretly govt. run tech company funding arabic terrorists for 9/11 which was then to be stopped by stinger missles and act as a false flag sparking war minus the damage to the twin towers??

but ...? is that it?
>>
>>8372431
Pynchon is trying to tell us it is the Jews without upsetting his tribe. He is apologizing personally for 9/11 on behalf of all Jews.
>>
>>8373391
But he's only an honorary one...?
>>
>thinks Pynchon is about conspiracies

When will this board move beyond a surface reading of TRP's works?

Did Torquato Tasso not prove anything to you people?
>>
>>8373282
Someone explain the devil monster in the bunker.
>>
File: I_Want_to_Believe.png (536KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
I_Want_to_Believe.png
536KB, 1024x768px
>>8374716
it's a grey
just a nod to the 90's rebirth of ufology and pop culture interest in aliens
>>
>>8374635
>Did Torquato Tasso not prove anything to you people?
What would he prove
>>
>>8374635
the Torquato Tasso meme is childish and dismissive of the book's actual merits
the main theme is also so blatantly incommunication that claiming it to be about creative madness just makes me cringe

it's a "psst kid, i know things about pynchon you'd never dream of" for people who seemingly can't read
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.