[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good book for crushing loneliness? I don't mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (125KB, 860x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 860x826px
What is a good book for crushing loneliness? I don't mean it has to be uplifting in nature, but relevant and indirectly perhaps helpful to see how an other works through it?
>>
>>8372123
The Ego And Its Own

Go get yourself free my dude
>>
>>8372123
Hunger, Crime and Punishment, Notes from Underground, A Short History of Decay
>>
>>8372133

Oh nice I had forgotten about Hunger - very good and odd book.

I think Notes from Underground is the most 'crushing' though.
>>
>>8372133

I read C&P many years ago, i want to reread it to catch the religious theme better and pay more attention to certain characters, but I can't afford to read a big book right now and brothers K. Is more relevant for the religious theme so i should read that. I read half of hunger once and i still have to finish it to my shame. I'm not familiar with short history of decay? I suppose i'll look up what it's all about,

Notes from the underground seems best fit for my question, and better yet it's short. Of course that one i don't own. I'll have to vet my hands on it.
>>
>>8372123
book of disquiet
>>
The Book of Disquiet
if you want to really wallow in it
>>
>>8372186
A Short History of Decay is a book of short essays by Emil Cioran. It's dark, but shot through with a sort of mordant energy. It's exhilarating in its own way. It's far from the happiest book but, if you're not in a particularly sunshiney state of mind yourself, you will enjoy Cioran's companionship.
>>
>>8372235
This is why I havent gotten through it yet.
A great book, but after 5-10 pages my whole day is ruined with pure melancholy and loneliness
>>
Schopenhauer is also fun if you're already pessimistic. Nietzsche on the other hand can be a good confrontational therapist and empower you. Not 100% relevant but always worth mentioning.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.