[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished Crime and Punishment and now I feel wistful and empty.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I finished Crime and Punishment and now I feel wistful and empty. What a truly phenomenal novel. It's left a void I'm looking to fill. Shall I move onto the brothers K next, or read a few other books first to save it and postpone the dostoevsky fix?

Tell us, anon. What was the book that gave you this empty, heartbroken, nostalgic feeling?
>>
>>8371867
I just reached part 5 of C&P. I'm loving it so far.
I plan to read The Idiot before Bros K.

Stoner actually made me feel quite empty at the end. I couldn't help but identify with how he had to endure his life choices that always took a downward turn, even to the end, and still found a strange melancholic joy in it.
>>
>>8371867
After reading a dense and meaningful book I tend to blow off steam with something simpler. Too much of one thing is bad for you.
>>
make sure to ignore every other russian novel like every other dilettante.
>>
The Idiot and Demons, definitely.
>>
>>8372269
this
>>
>>8372272
Poor Stavrogin, poor Mrs Stavrogin : (
>>
>>8371867
>>8371893
The Idiot can be quite boring after the first Part. Notes from the Underground is interesting. Reading Brothers K atm and it seems good thus far.
>>
>>8371867

War and Peace.
>>
>>8371867
trying to remember who's who here. i definitely remember the crying lady, the far right guy is the banker rask drinks with near the start? the two pissy ppl to the left of the ghost are relatives, guy to the left of them is his brother. don't remember the maid or far left guy. or the ghost unless its his mom? girl on him is his sister
>>
>>8372375
From left to right: Svidrigailov, Katerina and her kids, Nastasya, Razumikhin, Dunya, Luzhin, Sonya, Sonya again, Raskolnikov, Lizaveta, the pawnbroker, Porfiry
>>
>>8371893

Read The Idiot after The Brothers, it's much more difficult
>>
>>8372556
did Raskolnikov not have dark hair? I thought he did
>>
>>8372568
Difficult in what aspect?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.