[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lit/, im basically new on reading, found out i love Neal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Anathem_cover.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Anathem_cover.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Hi /lit/, im basically new on reading, found out i love Neal Stephenson's books, rode all of them, which authors should i begin to read now that has similar content or so?
Heard that Thomas Pynchon is similar, what do you think?
Also thanks for helping.

>pic related, my favorite book.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (72KB, 798x289px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
72KB, 798x289px
wtf are you doing?
>>
you may have heard that Stephenson's "Cryptonomicon" was like Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow".

this is not true, and was written by a moronic reviewer who noted that both books are partly about the second world war, and that they both have equations in the text.

Stephenson will never have a protagonist dress in a plush pig costume and escape from a gang of pissed-off tech sergeants via hot-air balloon.

if you're looking for an interesting author, check out Bruce Sterling. one of his most recent works, "the Caryatids" annoyed the hell out of me because the protagonists were clones of a Serbian warlord and were so full of themselves i wanted to slap them, but it was cool how each grew up in completely different environments.. but were very much the same woman.
>>
>>8371305
Fuck everything about Stephenson.
>guys look at how smart I am in describing this thing I mean just THINK about it isn't it the most ingenious fucking description you've ever read seriously guys nobody can describe this thing the way I just did
>did you know the Makarov holster chambers a round when you draw the gun? lololol it's so cool and I'm never going to fucking mention it again and it has no literary relevance whatsoever but I just wanted you to know I know cool stuff so I told you about it in my story
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-08-12-09-20.png (22KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-08-12-09-20.png
22KB, 480x800px
>>8372831
Dont know, wasnt me, for sure.

>>8372838
Yeah, I rode the hacker crackdown from him, i know its not the same, but ill take a look at his books doe.

>>8373058
Calm down, you dont need to enjoy what i do, just asked for good options to keep reading and you didnt even cared to tell a good autor.
>>
>>8372831
Oh and i peefer anathem, reamde and snow crash, in that order, i like the rest but you know, prefer this ones.
>>
Greg Egan.
>>
>>8371305
Snow Crash is the most reddit book ever written.
It ws absolutely horible.
>>
Alastair Reynolds or Banks
>>
>>8373761

Definitely this.

Try out Asimov too
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.