[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bible thread. Currently reading Numbers. God damn the Israelites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: iu[1].jpg (466KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
466KB, 1536x1152px
Bible thread.

Currently reading Numbers. God damn the Israelites were whiny idiots. How many times does God need to slaughter you fuckers for disobeying until you stop??
>>
Ordering a copy in German soon, gonna be fun christbrudi
>>
Kek, this was my reaction when first diving into the Old Testament. The modern meme is that God is a murderous asshole, but by the time you're done with the OT it almost seems like the Hebrews deserved it.

Also, they both got better. Mostly.
>>
The Israelites really were annoying. I felt really sorry for Moses; imagine having to put up with that shit for 40 years.
>>
What in your opinion is the best translation to read the first time?
>>
>>8369329
You can't argue with King James.
>>
>>8369344
I like it because it is the uncensored Bible. It tries to preserve the dynamics of the original as closely as possible; ie Saul basically calls Jonathan a son of a bitch, David references the male tendency to piss against walls.
>>
>>8369359
"Son of a perverse, rebellious woman" doesn't sound like something you would say in a blind rage.
>>
>>8369306
ye those children were gunna grow up 2 be cunts anyways amirite????
>>
>>8369329
NRSV
anyone that tells you otherwise is an idiot
>>
>>8368304
are you reading the bible like a story book? like look, they never stop, no one has ever stopped, its just you need to stop.
>>
Ok ziggers, tell me what you understand when you read this:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."
-Revelation 22:11
>>
But is it all real?
>>
>>8368304
im just finishing up 2 chronicles then ezra nehemiah then job and psalms and proverbs after
>>
Just wait till you get to Tobit.
>>
>>8369752
live and let live?
>>
File: mfw ziggers.png (768KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mfw ziggers.png
768KB, 1366x768px
>>8369970
Then this another one is supporting chop off of hands?

"And if thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body go into hell."
-Matthew 5:30
>>
>>8370695
If you're doing nothing shot that's fucking you up, stop it. It's better to remove that habit/person/treasured item from your life than to lose your life for the sake of it.
>>
>>8370703
If you're doing shit***
>>
>>8369389
>this sentence
>/lit/

Choose one.
>>
>>8369752
It's about the end times. Basically before jesus returns God's gonna cut off all the people that won't stop sinning and let them do their thing without any hope of salvation. Instead of their lives being judged from birth to death, its gonna be judged from birth to that point. This will work out because from this point no ones character will change because there'll
be no urge within them to repent
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.