[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: zarathustra-1.jpg (505KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
zarathustra-1.jpg
505KB, 864x1296px
"Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God died, and these sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful thing, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth."

Why haven't you read this yet?
>>
>>8367504
I have.
>>
>>8367504
Cool cover.
>>
>>8367520
tidder ih
>>
>>8367504
I did though.
>>
>>8367504
because I bought that specific edition for the neato cover and it turned out to be an awful translation
>>
The cover is a butthole being poked
>>
>>8367557
I KNOW I ALSO SAW IT
>>
>>8367504
Because if meaningless paragraphs like that one you just posted. If anyone can put it into a sentence which makes some sense and tell why it is not useless, posturing babble, I'll be inpressed
>>
>>8367894
>inpressed
>>
>>8367894
We lost the spirituality/religion, now we are obsessed with materialism n' shit.
>>
>>8368132
Deep
>>
>>8367894
oh the ironing
>>
>>8367504

But I have, and I finished it recently. Kaufmann's translation.

Good fucking god, it was a chore. I can see what Bloom meant in calling it unreadable.

I like to think it sounds far better in German. Most of the wordplay/etc is lost in English.
>>
>>8367504
holy fuck what a great cover
>>
>>8368189

Not really.
>>
>>8367894
>Once the sin against God was the greatest sin;
there was a point in time where God as a concept was necessary to keep societies functioning in a healthy, loving, and productive way. A sin against this God would be a sin against the thing that held us together
>but God died, and these sinners died with him.
We outgrew that concept, and thus outgrew its precepts of sinning against God and Man
>To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful thing
mankind, having outgrown the need for God, is now held together by the knowledge that we are one, the earth, and to sin against this earth is equal to sinning against God in the old days, a sin against the thing that holds us together
and
> to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth."
the unknowable is more important than the known. (possibly referring to the pursuit of science and philosophy), estaestshing that there will always be something larger than mankind to hold us together: God, then Earth, then the Unknowable. We are irredeemably subordinate to what holds us together
>>
>>8367504
Because I was told I should save TPZ for last, if at all. I've read Twilight, Gay Science, Ecce Homo, Beyond Good and Evil and I'm currently making my way through Genealogy of Morals. I'm starting to think that I may move on after I finish GoM, as I feel that I've already gotten all there is to "get" from Nietzsche.
>>
>>8368191

Faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.