[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a last ditch effort, i thought i'd ask my family, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1469813981571.jpg (21KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
1469813981571.jpg
21KB, 474x528px
In a last ditch effort, i thought i'd ask my family, my friends; you retards.

Are there any alternatives to calibre that'll let me store books inside folders, as not to clutter the fuck out of my vast, vast library of high quality stolen EPUB literature?
>>
>>8366809
get a fucking bookshelf.
>>
>>8366815
Im afraid my IQ exceeds that of 125, my slow witted chum.
>>
I came to this board just now (rather than the superior, holistic /his/) for a similar question.

Is there a way to make it so calibre actually manages even its own folders? When I delete a book on calibre it still remains within the calibre library folder.

The calibre library itself was a double of wherever you sourced books in the first place. Now I can't even make it my primarily library because it doesn't seem to have folder management over the very folder it creates!?
>>
>>8366825
yea, the only reason i really use it is to manage collections on my kindle 4 without typing it out with the damn on-board keyboard.
>>
>>8366818
nice non sequitur you've got there.
>>
>>8366829
Kindle also fucks up sorting by surname if I remember correctly. But calibre just doubles (if not more) the amount of files you have for no good reason).
>>
>>8366840
You're stupid, and i'm not.

I illustrated that. How is that non sequential to the point.

>>8366842
Yea, as much as i'm loving this thing i really dislike it's inability to allow other programs to organise anything on it without pain.
>>
>>8366809
Just fucking use calibre's ebook-viewer binary directly.

>Im afraid my IQ exceeds that of 125
I doubt it, seeing as how you apparently can't discern something so basic by yourself.
>>
File: 1466567832770.jpg (17KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1466567832770.jpg
17KB, 231x244px
>>8366850
So your solution to me wanting to view books inside discrete folders is for me to circumvent even being able to look at the simplistic list it offers?
>>
>>8366852
Yes.

If you already have your books ordered inside folders in the way you want, you don't need a library organizing package, given that your library is already organized.
>>
>>8366850
>reading on computer
Hahahaha
>>
>>8366854
You mean, in the same way you're reading this post?
>>
File: 1468391118617.jpg (37KB, 315x314px) Image search: [Google]
1468391118617.jpg
37KB, 315x314px
>>8366853
In all my years i never thought i'd meet an actual retard on 4chan.
>>
>>8366848
>I illustrated that.

if you say so, kiddo.
>>
>>8366809
>Are there any alternatives to calibre that'll let me store books inside folders

I wish I could say this was the dumbest question I've seen asked in apparent earnest here on /lit/, but I've been here for too long. Congrats, OP.
>>
>Are there any alternatives to calibre that'll let me store books inside folders
Isn't that the default behavior? Folders based on authors?

>>8366825
>When I delete a book on calibre it still remains within the calibre library folder.
It doesn't do for me!

>The calibre library itself was a double of wherever you sourced books in the first place.
That does not happen for me either

Are you sure you guys are using your computers correctly?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.