[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any philosophy on private spaces for specific group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-08-06-021628_822x641_scrot.png (203KB, 822x641px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06-021628_822x641_scrot.png
203KB, 822x641px
Is there any philosophy on private spaces for specific groups of people? Pic related, full article at http://www.dailycal.org/2016/08/04/black-student-union-reaches-agreement-campus-form-resource-center/.

>...previous locations considered included a room in the Student Union basement, which was ultimately considered an inadequate space because of its lack of privacy.
>Black students at UC Berkeley experience discrimination and exclusion on a daily basis.
>For Black students, the center will function as a place where they can host events, organize study sessions and foster relationships with other Black students and staff members.

Is this need for privacy a result of needing to escape from the White gaze? There's a Duke philosopher Alexander Weheliye (decent intro: http://www.its-her-factory.com/2014/11/notes-on-weheliyes-habeas-viscus-or-why-some-posthumanisms-are-better-than-others/), he talks about how oppressed populations (like black students) look like disembodied flesh at the surface due to their oppression, but underneath, their flesh is constantly moving and oscillating at frequencies most can't see. Will these spaces help reveal the habeas viscus (Weheliye's term) of black students?

Weheliye's term for oppressed populations is "exceptional populations," one attribute of which is that they're filtered out from a biopolitically healthy society. Don't these kinds of exclusive spaces contribute to this filtering out?
>>
>>8366716
I know Deleuze talks about it a bit, and I know Zizek talks about it a lot in one of his architecture lectures (p sure it's a bit over half way through the aesthetics and architecture one. I can't remember if he goes on about Children of God or if it's similar to some stuff he says about Children of God elsewhere).

An interesting bit of architecture to look at is probs the HSBC building in Hong Kong which has a public space as its ground floor around the escalators. This had certain implications recently with the Hong Kong riots going on.
>>
>>8366716
>82,000 to renovate and furnish a room
wew negroid
>>
>>8366716
You really hate black people, don't you?
>>
>>8366716

Fuck off with the identity politics.
>>
>>8366716
Bishop Barron commented of 'safe spaces' in campuses - a private space for faggots who get offended by anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4MwZtYGuNQ
>>
>>8367619
>"I could walk further down the road of mocking all of this, and God now it deserves to be mocked."
>>
>>8366716
Zeus Leonardo has written some stuff about the concepts of safety and violence in education. He mainly does discourse analysis though, which I think is a little different from actual territorial spaces like in the article.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.