[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never read any Star Wars novels, I have no clue about any lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Darth_Plagueis_Aleph.jpg (772KB, 1781x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Plagueis_Aleph.jpg
772KB, 1781x2560px
Never read any Star Wars novels, I have no clue about any lore besides the movies. Very much looking forward to getting into a series, can someone point me to an enjoyable storyline? Which ones should I read and why? In what order?

>inb4 pseud
>inb4 manchild
>inb4 ive made too many erroneous life choices now I'm reading Star Wars novels
>>
pseud
>>
manchild
>>
Heir to the Empire Trilogy.
>>
you've made too many erroneous life choices now you're reading Star Wars novels
>>
>>8366734
That's what's been the most recommended, any others?
>>
>>8366743

Dark Force Rising
Last Command
Rogue Squadron
>>
>>8366708
All the Yuuzhan Vong books
>>
>>8366708
I was a massive teenage need in the 90's and read all of these until the prequels came out and forced me to realize what a faggot I was.

Best choices are:
Thrawn trilogy like >>8366734 says
X-wing series
Or the short story Tales books, which would be my personal recommendation.

All of them are shitty genre fiction and I strongly encourage you to read something else.
>>
>>8367490
>All of them are shitty genre fiction and I strongly encourage you to read something else
This
>>
>>8366708
They're all terrible, every single one. If you want lore, just read the fucking wiki articles and spare yourself the trashy plots, inane characters and shitty prose. If you still feel the itch to read something Star Wars-y that isn't garbage, go read Dune or something.

t. Star Wars fan who read several of the most recommended books over the course of 3 months just this past year and hated all of them.
>>
Okay whoa well here we go

You should read:

Shadows of the Empire (very light, short, and fun)
Tales From Mos Eisley Cantina (probably the best Star Wars book)

Mid Tier:

X-Wing (the characters are very bland)
The Thrawn Trilogy (long and bloated as fuck, lots of telling and not showing)
The Courtship of Princess Leia (ooc most of the time, kinda neat setting)
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
The Truce at Bakura (nothing important to any of the characters happens)
Children of the Jedi (probably the best of the mid-tier)

Total Garbage:

The Jedi Academy Trilogy
Tales From Jabba's Palace
Splinter of the Mind's Eye
>>
>>8367533
>>8367490
Yea I am guessing they are all young adult crap, I just got done with the Book of the New Sun and loved it. I think Star Wars may be too tenuous. Thanks for all the advice.
>>
>>8367568
Shiiitt... might just go to Dune. About ten people have told me how garbage they are
>>
>>8366708
You've got to understand that you are a manchild though. Those books are based on a film property that was explicitly intended for middle schoolers. If you had first encountered Star Wars as an adult you probably wouldn't have this embarrassing fetish for lazy plots and half-assed dialogue which only exist to justify epic space laser fights. Successful mature people who have girlfriends and even a modicum of intelligence don't read that trash.
>>
>>8367470
Are those still canon?
>>
>>8368573
>Successful mature people who have girlfriends and even a modicum of intelligence don't read that trash.
Projection Level: 100%

OP the books suck, listen to this betamale and read some great masterpieces
>>
>>8366743
Darth Bane trilogy
Dark Lord trilogy
Darth Plagueis
plus X- Wing series

the books are alright. If you are a Star Wars fan you will probably like them. Avoid any stories about Mandolorians.
>>
>>8368641
Nah, ~99% of novels aren't anymore. Only new ones since Ep. 7 are canon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.