[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the meaning behind the robotic lady and the young

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What's the meaning behind the robotic lady and the young reporter? Are they just people like Meursault, or is there anything else about them that i should have noticed? Why did the robotic lady attended his trial?
>>
>>8366283
I believe almost every person that encounters Meursault highlights how people react to the absurd differently. Meursault represents 'the absurd man' and to many people in the novel, facing this absurd thing is often off putting.

Marie who finds him attractive for his peculiarity, the magistrate who is appalled by him, and the priest who sticks with his faith.

The robotic woman is just another one of those reactions to the absurd. Notice how in the book she's always described to always be on track, not faltering. Robotic as you said. This could hint that some people show little reaction when faced with the absurd, they go on with their goals and what ends they must reach.

I could be completely wrong though, I'm no expert in literature by far and I haven't read any commentary mentioning the old woman.
>>
>>8366351
Thanks for your input. As you said, the fact that she shows little reaction when faced with the absurd made me think that she was somewhat the closest we have to Meursault 'the absurd man'. I've read some commentarys on this and they follow the same opinion as yours, that this lady is not 'absurd' because she seems to have objectives, not like Meursault who seems to go with the flow. I intend to read more Camus so i can finally understand the complete concept of the Absurd.
>>
>>8366372
I'm currently reading some of his essays, I recommend picking up "The Myth of Sisyphus and other Essays" by him as well as "Existentialism is a Humanism" by Jean Paul Sartre. Pretty good supplementary readings for Camus' work
>>
>>8366378
I've read "Existentialism is a Humanism" and really liked it, easy to grasp it's concepts.
>>
>>8366409
Sartre's a pretty straightforward author which is what I like about him, I believe he also wrote a commentary on the Stranger as well.
>>
>>8366413
Oh yes, I had no idea, that's really cool, will definitely read it tomorrow. Thanks very much, Anon.
>>
>>8366372
Don't neglect the rebel; it's at least as important as myth of Sisyphus though it seems to get overlooked
>>
>>8366440
Will look into that too, thank you.
>>
>>8366440
Not OP, but thanks for the recommendation. I know a lot of people around seem to say that existentialism is a meme philosophy for maturing 17 year olds, but I've enjoyed reading and learning about it thus far.
>>
>>8366413
http://ciee.typepad.com/files/3---camus.pdf
>>
>>8366474
>http://ciee.typepad.com/files/3---camus.pdf

Damn thanks, anon
>>
Wish i could write my views on stuff as well as Sartre. He is so clear it hurts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.