[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /lit/. I think I'm sick of reading books about complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Norwegian-Wood.jpg (558KB, 1194x1686px) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian-Wood.jpg
558KB, 1194x1686px
Hey, /lit/.

I think I'm sick of reading books about complete degenerates.

I just finished Norwegian Wood by Haruki Muramaki and I fucking hated it. I'm wondering if anyone else has read this book and enjoyed it or found that they also disliked it. I know the book was rather popular in Japan and I've been trying to read authors other than natural English speakers. Maybe it's just a problem of this being a cheap romance novel.

I've also put down True North just recently because of how bad it is, too. Is this just the problem of first person perspective and the degeneracy of the narrator? I just find the main character and the people around them to be so unbelievable that it destroys any semblance of caring about what's going on with the individuals.
>>
>>8365234
Are you a proud conservative redpiller too?

You should read works that emphasize conservative values and masculinity. I recommend Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'.
>>
>>8365234
>finished Norwegian Wood
I fear this is not really the board for you, son.
>>
>>8365234
I had gotten through the first 100 pages of True North and realized I couldn't go on. The first section of the novel was filled with crap and it culminated in the father raping a 12 year old girl (which he had done consistently otherwise outside of the direct narration).

I also quit On the Road. Some problem with the characters all being shithead drug addicts or just sex fiends without and real reflection on the human relationships they have.
>>
>>8365234
youre tolerance for bull shit is admirable OP

i would suggest you work your way through the western canon before wasting your time on filth like this.
>>
>>8365237
No, I'm not. I take it you haven't read it, though?

>>8365242
It was an unfortuante gamble. I had never heard of the author and I was actually looking for The Temple of the Golden Pavilion. I was shocked I finished it, too. I put it down after about 50 pages but forced myself to go through it. I reasoned it was a pretty short novel and MAYBE it would pay off. It didn't, obviously, and I'm getting the feeling you already knew this...
>>
>>8365255
>I reasoned it was a pretty short novel and MAYBE it would pay off. It didn't, obviously

Every Murakami novel is the same: an absolute, overrated piece of shit.
>>
>>8365255
It's part of the zeitgeist of the special snowflake generation.

Read Soseki's Kokoro if you want a better Japanese novel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.