[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to start reading this, anyone have suggestion of the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Want to start reading this, anyone have suggestion of the best translation?... thanks
>>
>>8364357
>reading books about women

cuck
>>
>>8364357

Read it in Russian (and French), pleb.

Nah. For real, I'm about done with the Maude translation and it is pretty well done. I'd definitely recommend it.

Whatever translation you use it is a wonderful book.
>>
>>8364359

I'd argue Levin is the main character not Karenina.
>>
>>8364371
id have to agree, wasnt the character based off Tolstoy himself?

Also the main woman in the book represented the degradation of the times current morals, shes portrayed as everything that's wrong with being "progressive"
>>
of course a legitimate discussion of literature sinks to the bottom, forgot this board was full of meme spewing cucks. had it been a DFW thread, boom top thread in the board
>>
>>8366194
If you're going to bitch, at least put on a skirt.
>>
>>8364357
Pevear and Volokhonsky
>>
>>8366276
agreed. Their Tolstoy translation is a lot better than their Dostoevsky, if you ask me
>>
>>8366287
Yes. I have read their Karenina and am halfway through their W&P. I have also read their Notes from the Underground and C&P, and I thought them superior to Garnett but not as good as their Tolstoy. Their translation of Brothers K, which I have not read, is supposed to be good though.
>>
Whats this book about?
Rich duchess has a sad and fucks her way through the nobility?
Are any of these puffed up shirt novels worth reading for anything other than muh psychological analysis?
I'd really like to know.
>>
>>8366297
you're already flying at way too low of a trajectory to see what literary critics see in it. Even if they explained it to you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.