[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really can't get myself to fucking read anymore, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1465872831717.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465872831717.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
I really can't get myself to fucking read anymore, what the hell do I do? I feel so depressed and the only thing I feel like doing is browsing the internet all day and playing maybe an hour of videogames.

Am I brainwashed by modern-day distraction or something? Has my ability to focus and have self-discipline ruined by being raised in contemporary society?

Is this just a phase that I will grow out of? How do I get my fuse lit again?
>>
Feelings follow actions, not the other way around. Read and you'll feel better, which will make you want to read more, which will keep you feeling good. You just have to take that first step.
>>
>>8362304

Taking that first step is so hard though, I don't know how I can. I read a few pages and feel empty and just come back to the PC to interact with people.
>>
>>8362334

I understand entirely. But you won't find any help by just sitting around and waiting for motivation to fall into your lap. Motivation is useless.
>>
>>8362293
Just read in small chunks, for as long as you can until you feel bored, then switch to something else that's RELATED to reading, such as this board or videos about authors or books or philosophy or whatever. Then, go back to reading a bit again. This is what I'm doing but I might have ADHD so idk.
>>
I feel you anon. When I've been in front of a computer for hours on end, a walk is extremely refreshing.

Walk outside without your phone and explore your neighborhood. Doing nothing all day just feeds into the cycle of doing nothing and the resulting self-loathing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.