[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cormac McCarthy's writing style a revelation? His prose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
Is cormac McCarthy's writing style a revelation? His prose flows so damn well

Unlike Pynchon that messy fuck
>>
>>8362221
Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat.
>>
File: suthren goffic.jpg (65KB, 840x440px) Image search: [Google]
suthren goffic.jpg
65KB, 840x440px
>>8362221
>>
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "VĂ¡monos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.
>>
File: slavoj.jpg (177KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj.jpg
177KB, 500x315px
>>8362246

lmao

why are /lit/ memes so much higher-caliber than other boards?
>>
>>8362337
they're more involved. I noticed when I first came here too, better than /mu/ for damn sure. It demands at least a little literary knowledge from you
>>
File: DFW8.png (841KB, 1104x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DFW8.png
841KB, 1104x1080px
>>8362246

Powerful. I was staggered by the power in this scene.
>>
>>8362221
>messy fuck

It was almost a good post OP until that overkill at the end, blew your cover.

Plebs can't into self-control.
>>
>>8362370
not really
>>
Is this still the best McCarthy parody?
http://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news/magazine/1805/cormac-mccarthy-igniting-your-weber-genesis-gold-gas-barbecue-grill
>>
>>8362246
thats pretty much Blood Meridian
>>
does anyone have that yecarthy parody, i think it was something about mushrooms and swamps?
>>
>>8362413
this >>8362246 meme is literally a John Green dialogue written in McCarthy prose/theme.
Explain how that isn't 1. Involved and 2. Demanding of a little bit of literary knowledge
>>
>>8362527
Google sark and chapparal.
>>
>>8362481
I'm getting Blood Meridian now.
>>
>>8362591
>>8362527
ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.
>>
File: skills.png (119KB, 322x296px) Image search: [Google]
skills.png
119KB, 322x296px
>>8362246
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.