[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of continental philosophy except to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: daniel_dennett_1.jpg (251KB, 1290x900px) Image search: [Google]
daniel_dennett_1.jpg
251KB, 1290x900px
What's the point of continental philosophy except to give the losers that study it a job?

I'd rather be a Christian than believe any of that Euroqueer garbage, at least that way I can hook up with attractive Christian girls at church events
>>
>>8362008
Because it's fun if you have greater interests in the humanities. Analytic training is good preparation for parsing through the junk that it's been known to produce these days, though.
>>
>>8362008
Sure, whatever.
>>
>>8362008

Sorry, but you're the worst kind of person

Who the hell adopts an ideology, or worse, pretends to adopt it, just to bust a nut

Dishonest Beta male, slinking around the back of the tribe, pulling tricks to get a dick in

Disgusting
>>
>>8362145

I would agree with this. It is more easily relatable to literature or history and offers you an interesting perspective on those fields. However, it is hardly scientific and certainly not applicable.

I am an economics major so I naturally have a disdain for the non-empirical.
>>
File: Pope-Francis-Dove.png (359KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
Pope-Francis-Dove.png
359KB, 570x855px
Join the Church anyway, OP. Feel the Holy Spirit move you.
>>
>>8362250
Applicable to what and what interesting perspective do you mean?
>>
File: philosopher.jpg (35KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
philosopher.jpg
35KB, 980x490px
>>
>>8362250
>economics major
>deriding other fields for being unscientific
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 560x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 560x602px
>>8362008
>>8362250
You have literal autism if you don't see the value of "continental" (=real) philosophy. Now quit circlewanking over how "perfect" and "logical" you are and do my homework you fuckin geeks!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.