[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about 50 pages from the end of 1984 by George Orwell,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ss+(2016-08-02+at+05.17.47).jpg (254KB, 869x795px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-02+at+05.17.47).jpg
254KB, 869x795px
I'm about 50 pages from the end of 1984 by George Orwell, and I couldn't help but think of the parallels to our own world. Why do we have these terrible election cycles that politicians allow to happen, which divide our country and insight so much hysteria and insanity among the population? Could it really be that this is what the founding fathers put forth, and that we're running on this pattern because we believe there must be order, no matter how imperfect? Or is it all a charade, and things could be better, but there's someone in power who wants to prevent all of us from becoming too independent minded and free, and free thinking? I think it's just a randomness, ideologies clashing, it's just my natural instinct to put some meaning behind it, find a single "cause", when really it's infinite factors working together at once. It's a nice thought, to think there's something to blame for all of it, when in reality I know that it's because everyone, not a single person or organization, is responsible for the madness that ensues throughout all of our society. Whether or not there's corrupt, lying politicians, parents who indoctrinate their kids, everyone is mad and unsure of what exactly is going on.
>>
I met a girl who said she liked intellectual books that make you think and gave the example of 1984. Even though she was cute, was a pleb. She could have taken a textbook on politics to answer the same questions but she did not. You remind me of that girl OP.
>>
>>8360741
This. OP is probably just a cute little girl going through babby's first over discussed realizations
>>
Read about Mockingbird, he may have been under US payroll during the 40s and certainly his estate was immediately after his death. Pretty funny.
>>
>>8360711
I will use this as pasta.
>>
Just finished the book. I have nothing else to say besides what I said in the OP, really.

>>8360741
I'm not a qt girl, but I could be a qt girl just for you.
>>
>>8360711
Who are the freest in the book? The proles! Freedom/independent thinking etc. are also part of the problem. Ideally everyone would think to build a better world, but many don't, and others actively try to destroy such a world. The 1984 world simply enslaves the only people who are both "independant thinkers" and not loyal to the "better" of the inner party.

Your way of thinking is like babby; Dostoevsky harder.
>>
>>8361538
The inner party weren't more free?
>>
>>8361538
baby has 1 b. I am looking forward to reading Dostoyevsky. I don't see how my thinking is babyish at all, but if you insist oh thee who's intelligent beyond my grasp.
>>
>>8361562
>intelligent
intelligence* self correcting myself there. I started to type something else and then went and reworded it without fixing that word.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.