[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading Karamazov >get to the court scene >something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 188x269px
>reading Karamazov
>get to the court scene
>something along the lines of "and this is where Mitya's ruin was made clear" etc etc
>read the next 100 pages of court scene knowing that Mitya is fucked no matter how much Fetyukovich btfos his opponents

wtf i hate dostoyevsky now
>>
>>8359151
dostoyevsky himself was sent to a forced labour camp in siberia, much like mitya. read it again, it bears great insight
>>
>>8359158
yeah i know but he spoils the rest of the court scene with one little line

why couldn't mitya's fate have been concealed until the very end of the scene.

also, he was sent to siberia for protest against the government wasn't he? whereas mitya is sent for murder.
>>
>reading for the plot
>>
>>8359169
>reading
>>
>>8359165
well, although he spoils it, he does it with intention. he intends to show the lenghts to wich people go to. his fate was decided much before the court even hapenned. to show that even though mitya is innocent. there was little to be done

he was actually sentenced to death (dostoyevsky) and then the sentence was nulled and he was sent to siberia. he was actually in the firing line when they nulled the sentence.

i also felt bad for mitya. shit got out of hand. but i love the book, it's one of my favourites. i should re-read it. it's getting blurry (maybe it's the whiskey)
>>
>>8359151
>>8359165
It's not a spoiler, it creates tension and focus. Rather than sit there and wonder or hope that things will work out, you are brought to the utmost anger at injustice, and delight with the indefatigable righteousness of the defense.
>>
File: Nabokov was right.png (1MB, 1506x588px) Image search: [Google]
Nabokov was right.png
1MB, 1506x588px
>>8359151
>>
>>8359270
>>8359250
I was originally intending to shitpost, but you've actually explained it all better than I've seen anywhere else. I can understand why he made the decision he did, and I now see the scene in a different, and better, light.

Thanks anons
>>
Then read tolstoy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.