[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me. im a NEET and decided to be a novelist. wel my dad whose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (34KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 700x394px
help me. im a NEET and decided to be a novelist. wel my dad whose retired did at the same time. so we both do it in the same
home. the problem is I think I am better than him at it and all he does is talk
about his own book and I dont care about it. He does not care about mine and never asks me about it. things have gotten tense like I am competing with my own father. has anyone gone through fuckery like this before?
>>
Sounds like you are both immature individuals, cannot wait for your novels to appear in the cringe threads.

No but srsly dude this is some retarded shit you are pulling, why not you become mad happy that you can relate with your father on a passion so deep like literature. Cmon man, grow up a little and get some emotional intelligence while you are at it buds.

I would do everything to have my father love novels like I do. Instead, I'm trying to become more savy in History and failing at it, since Ancient Rome and WWI are his highest passions rn
>>
>>8357148
First off this is hilarious and you should write a story about it. Second you just need to tell him politely that he's distracting you. I live at home but go to school though and cant get shit done, motherfuckers are loud. Just got to focus as much as possible I guess
>>
What a fucking weird situation. Maybe he feels like he needs to be better than you at it because he is older, and is afraid of being surpassed by his son.
>>
Your family sounds like a sitcom myman
>>
>>8357148

>im a NEET and decided to be a novelist

So you intend to make all your money by writing novels?

wew lad.

might as well become a musician. At lest then you have a leg up because literally 99% of USA can write.

The novelist is dead, but not because of some po-mo faggotry, but because of the internet. It is no longer economically feasible for the vast majority of talented writers to make a living writing anymore.
>>
My two brothers and I are all aspiring writers. You can try to be rational and say that their successes and failures are completely independent of yours so there's no reason to wish them anything but the best, but jealousy and pride can creep up on you.

I like to think I'm Emily or Charlotte but I'm probably Anne desu
>>
>>8357200
Good. Only the pure will continue
>>
>>8357233

I think you got 'pure' mixed up with 'independently wealthy'
>>
>>8357233

If anything the pure will be the first to go
>>
>>8357174
Oh it is hilarious. My feeble drunk mind laughed far too much at OP's premise.
>>
>>8357262
tfw when pleb and can't dedicate life to writing as self funded gentleman artist
>>
>>8357200
Writing has always only been for people that are either independently wealthy or have wealthy patrons...not really sure why people somehow expect things to be different now
>>
>>8357201
>I like to think I'm Emily or Charlotte but I'm probably Anne desu
this thread keeps getting better
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.