[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your opinions on this book, /lit/? Why is it considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What are your opinions on this book, /lit/? Why is it considered great?
>>
>>8356900
Go read it, make up your own mind, and then make a post about what you think and invite us to participate you literal shit of a person.
>>
>>8356900
I just read it. I thought it was good because I liked Meursault as a character and I thought the story was good. Similar reasons to why I like genre fiction, and elitists will probably judge me for that but they can fuck right off.
>>
>>8356900
It's well crafted but I wouldn't call it profound. It is very good though because it crafts in theme in a nifty and concise way makng you ponder the themes which are presented in the book. In merely 120 or so pages, Camus manages to make you ponder the meaning of life and the nature of good and evil.
>>
>>8356923
>>8356954
>helping this underageb& with his homework
Seriously guys, stop.
>>
>>8356910

>literal
>>
>>8356910

>literal
>>
>>8356910
>literal and not /lit/eral
Kill yourself
>>
>>8356900
camus was a great absurdist and this is the book that defines him and his thoughts on absurdism.
>>
Camus' fiction is where you can actually feel the emotions he tries to explain in his philosophical work. As literature, though, it is depressing and empty. Not in a bad way.
>>
>>8356910
>>8357007
why do people click on threads they don't have an interest in?
>>
>>8356900
i thought it was a weird book, not the best book i've read only for school, but not the worst, better than that trash the catcher in the rye but not nearly as good as say, one flew over the cuckoo's nest or the jungle or lord of the flies or animal farm.

I feel like the stranger is one of those books written more to prove a point than to tell a story, which is why you generally read it for english class and not at home for fun.
>>
>>8358675
Because of sage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.