[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I hate Ignatius because he reminds me so much of myself or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 9780241951590[1].jpg (1024KB, 1310x2135px) Image search: [Google]
9780241951590[1].jpg
1024KB, 1310x2135px
Do I hate Ignatius because he reminds me so much of myself or because he is designed that way by the author?
>>
File: dfw o baby.png (128KB, 274x297px) Image search: [Google]
dfw o baby.png
128KB, 274x297px
>>8353222
you shouldn't hate him. you shouldn't hate yourself. and you especially shouldn't hate those trips
>>
>>8353228
Well, hate might be too strong of a word. I pity him in an agressive way.
>>
He fills the same purpose as holden caulfield, but for adults
>>
Anyway, it's a great book so far.
>>
>>8353234
what
>>
>>8353264
you'll understand when you're an adult
>>
>>8353222
lmao yo it's fucking super mario eating a hotdog yo. lmao wtf nigga eat pizza rofl
>>
>>8353277
Hopefully by that point you'll pick up what's actually going on in Catcher so you can quit making stupid posts like your previous one.
>>
>>8353222
do the coloreds know how they are depicted in this book?
>>
The book was necessary.

It's one of several steps of NEET culture.
Oblomov is very similar, a superfluous man. He wrote a quintessential version of it that many NEETs can relate to. There will be another that comes soon and will be recognized and beheld for what it is. It will fly under the radar, though acclaimed by critics who identify and understand.

I never could find the book funny. It was pretty painful knowing that this guy felt such alienation. A man without purpose. There will be another great chapter in this tale of man and his descent into pointlessness. There will be a war that will be won by the savages who have not had the oppportunity to become superfluous. They will come to our lands, our homes, our rooms, and past our corpses, they will see the paradise we live in, they will look with tears in their eyes at the sovereign waste we commanded in our lives. They will take the reins and become themselves weak, and they will write their own tale of the superfluous man. and on and on and on.
>>
>>8354475
I feel like I should read this book now.
>>
>>8354485
it's a pretty simple caricature of the culture around him. the story itself isn't incredible, really. but it's worth the couple of days it takes to read. the guy offed himself after no one would publish his book, and his mom finally convinced someone to do so. interestingly enough it gives an indication that he was close to his mother, probably similarly to Ignatius' relationship to his mother in the story. There probably was quite a lot of pressure to be a working man, and he felt alienated, and his only hope was this book that only got published after he died. Ironic, really. and quite tragic. Now, i feel that it's gained popularity as this hilarious book, but aside from some fairly grotesque skits, the real message is one of clear desperation for genius to be recognized, some sort of purpose, some sort of meaning in a world where he was surrounded by people he couldn't bring himself to understand or relate to, hence the caricature style of his characters.
>>
>>8353222
How can hate him? He is the only sane person in that story.
>>
>>8354557
see >>8353277
>>
If ignatius reminds you of yourself you should be sad
>>
Ignatius was a loser who jacked off thinking about his dog. Of course you should hate him.
>>
They want to make it into a movie since 1981.
>>
>>8354577
Im not an adult and I loved him. Obviously he was pretty dellusional but at the end of the story you see how everyone is, the difference is that Ignatius follows what he thinks is right all the time just because he feels is what he needs to do and the others do everything for interest. The fat fuck danced in front of a bunch of laughing tired black men just to start a revolution while her mother married a rich old fuck for money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.