[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even though im an idiot and had to re read a lot, A brief history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1466950491838.jpg (55KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466950491838.jpg
55KB, 700x400px
Even though im an idiot and had to re read a lot, A brief history of time was entertaining and a fascinating read. I'm looking for books like this one but on different topics
>>
>>8352344
For cosmology:
>more stuff by Hawking, since you liked him - Black Holes and Baby Universes is a nice collection
>Cosmos by Carl Sagan

For biology
>The Selfish Gene by Dawkins, it's some of his earliest and best work (before he became Mr. Angry Twitter Rant)
>either Last Chance to See book, there's a Douglas Adams and a Stephen Fry version

For mathematics -
>Godel, Escher, Bach: The Eternal Golden Braid
>Everything and More: A Compact History of Infinity by DFW

For physics in general -
>Six Easy Pieces or anything by Feynman really
>>
Chariots of Gods
>>
>>8353097
Don't go for GEB. It makes its concepts way more convoluted than they need to be. If you were interested in those ideas you can just pick up I Am a Strange Loop where he just lays em out without all the puffery.

I do second Selfish Gene though, top notch book. I would recommend these:

A Brief History of Nearly Everything (history of the universe and the story of how we figured it out)
History of the World in Six Glasses (history of civilization)
The Better Angels of Our Nature (history of humanity)
The Selfish Gene (history of life)
The Story of Philosophy (history of thought)
>>
An introduction to mechanics by Kleppner
Calculus volume 1 by Apostol
Principles of modern chemistry by Oxtoby
How to stop being a fucking pseudo-intellectual by Me
>>
File: gif--814037.gif (615KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
gif--814037.gif
615KB, 500x292px
>>8353098
*Dogs
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.